Rach572

Has Anyone Else Had The Same Symptoms?

Rate this topic

I have always had a rather upsetable bowel andI am not entirely certain that I do have celiac disease or just an irritable bowel. As I have heard many stories about doctors misdiagnosing symptoms or even not taking celiac seriously, I wanted to see if anyone else who has been diagnosed with celiac has had my symptoms. These include:

Bloating with which comes a sense of feeling full no matter what or how much I eat

Abdominal cramping

Weight loss

Loss of appetite

Fatigue

Migraines( which I get anyway but have gotten worse as the above symptoms have progressed)

Always have a rumbling, gassy stomach with which comes cramping

Have loose stools

Have also read that celiac can be genetic. My nephew has celiac and my brother a gluten intolerance which kind of reinforces the fact that I should just get test but like I said just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar symptoms.

Thank you,

Rachel

Welcome to the board. Yes those are Celiac symptoms. It is important to make sure you keep eating gluten until all celiac related testing is done. Then no matter what the results are give the diet a good strict try for at least a couple months no matter what the results.

• Upvote 1

I hope you will get accurate tests and that it will help your health.

Bloating with which comes a sense of feeling full no matter what or how much I eat. -Oh, could that why sometimes I am not hungry for days.

Loss of appetite, I also have periods of extreme unsatiable hunger.

Extreme fatigue together with dizziness, or fogginess.

Always have a rumbling, gassy stomach with which comes cramping. (Sometimes I have a lot of noise.)

Have some loose stools and constipated sometimes.

I was diagnosed by genetic testing by mail. It was confirmed by chiropractor and MD when they heard what a gluten free diet did for me. I did not have any family history as you do.

I hope you are on the right track, can change your diet soon, and will feel better.

DT

Yes, your symptoms are consistent with celiac disease. Add to that your nephew & your brother & it's sort of a no brainer. My advise is to follow the advice of ravenwoodglass.smile.gif

And.... Welcome to the board.