Scott Adams

Wheat is poison even if you're not gluten intolerant, doc says - msnNOW

Rate this topic

CBS News

Wheat is poison even if you're not gluten intolerant, doc says

msnNOW

A doctor has called the popular grain the "perfect, chronic poison" and, though reports of wheat-associated health problems are hardly new, he says his concerns have nothing to do with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Dr. William Davis asserts ...

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says CBS News

all 4 news articles »

View the full article

I love that phrase... "The perfect, chronic poison."

Wonder if my sister will listen now?

I too love that phrase...../ my thoughts are the same as Dr Davis about wheat!!!!

This is exactly what is covered in "Primal Body, Primal Mind." It is the opiates in wheat that cause people to crave it--what a world we live in!

I'm onboard w/ the opioid peptides, but a little disappointed that the source article http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57505149/modern-wheat-a-perfect-chronic-poison-doctor-says/ says

"It's an 18-inch tall plant created by genetic research in the '60s and '70s," he said on "CBS This Morning." "This thing has many new features nobody told you about, such as there's a new protein in this thing called gliadin.

Gliadin is new??????

Then it brings up an opioid question - is the term 'comfort food' much newer than I thought, as in starting w/ the 60s-70s strains? Doubtful, right?

My money's on opioid properties of 40s wheat, for instance, existing & contributing to ppl calling mac&cheese comfort food.