123glldd

What Do You Do If You Break An Arm Or A Leg? Re: Casts

Rate this topic

This popped into my head for no reason whatsoever tonight...if you break a bone and need a cast....isn't that some kind of plaster? What would happen?

I had DH as a child and had to have surgery on each leg that required long term casts. Back then plaster casts were all they had. They use a sleeve under the cast and I had no issues from them other than muscle atrophy. Nowadays there are many forms of casts including some that are removable to bathe the areas. IMHO it is not a concern.

I had DH as a child and had to have surgery on each leg that required long term casts. Back then plaster casts were all they had. They use a sleeve under the cast and I had no issues from them other than muscle atrophy. Nowadays there are many forms of casts including some that are removable to bathe the areas. IMHO it is not a concern.

Cool! B) Thanks for the reply! :D

I would not lick the cast. (I heard they taste awful!)

• Upvote 1

I am so sorry, I couldn't resist.

My daughter broke her wrist and she was covered in cast from fingers to below the arm pit. She has more issues than Celiac. She also has Eosinophilic Esophagitus and avoids eggs, fish, shellfish, peas, and seasonal airborne triggers. She did fine. keep up with household handwashing and cleaning. (She was too young to do much food preperations in the house. You really shouldn't get that cast wet though.