Slr38

How Quickly Do Your Symptoms Appear?

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how soon after consuming gluten do your symptoms appear?

Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

For me, it's within half an hour I'll get a stomachache that lasts a couple of hours. Then I get bloating and pain with that, as well as a migraine that will last a few days. I sometimes feel a bit rundown for a week or so.

Happy turkey day!

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how soon after consuming gluten do your symptoms appear?

Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!

I do not have Celiac, but I believe I have intolerance. I feel it within 15 mins. It's not always stomach issues but more of a woozy feeling, light headedness, sometimes I feel like my heart is beating faster. It's not because of accidental glutening, this is when I say forget it, and eat something like a bagel. Its hard for me being "intolerant" because I know its not something that is going to ultimatley kill me, its just going to make me feel awful and I havent reached that point yet where I am super strict all the time but I would like to get there.

For me personally it takes 3-4 hours for my stomach to react to gluten. However when I do I get severe abdominal pain that pills like vicodin can't suppress and my stomach tightens up so much that sometimes my body has a hard time expelling it from my system (throwing up.. bleh)