Mgyoung77

Recently Diagnosed Celiac

Rate this topic

I was informed of my celiac diagnosis this past Thurs. the doctor said you have celiac, avoid gluten as soon as you walk out this door or it can lead to lymphoma, I want you to do a capsule. He then sent me on my way. To the best of my ability I have avoided gluten. I still feel miserable today from a cold that has been lingering in my house. However, I have been starving. It's like I can't get enough to eat today. BeforenInstarted going gluten free, I had very little appetite. Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by Mgyoung77

When I first went gluten free I started eating like a HIPPOPOTAMUS! I was so hungry all the time. Eventually this faded and I have a normal appetite now. You'll notice you go through a lot of changes, your body will begin healing and you may go through all sorts of stages between now and health. I sure did, heck I'm still on that path.

Welcome to the fold. Be sure to check out the newbie topic to help you find your way. We all understand that this is a trying time and that topic is there to help you find and stay in the straight and narrow, as it were.

Welocme to the board.... but sorry to hear of your diagnosis.

I ate a fair bit at first but I'm not sure if it was because I was hungrier or I felt deprived so I ate more to prove I wasn't. I ate a fair bit of junk at first and then I tapered off. Now (5 months later) my appetite is actually a bit down.

Best wishes settling into the new diet. Hang in there, it gets pretty easy after a couple of months.

Celiac causes malnutrition..... your body just woke up to it.

Try eating more good fats, such as olive oil, coconut products such as coconut milk, nuts, avocados, etc, and more protein, less carbohydrates. That will help keep your blood sugar from going on a roller - coaster. Also, taking a B vitamin complex and a calcium/D/magnesium supplement helps.

• Upvote 1