Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koalbish

Red Doritos Changed The Ingredients List. Is It gluten-free?

I always new the red doritos had gluten. They listed barley or something in the ingredients. I don't see that anymore on the ingredients. Does anyone know if they changed the formula? Are they safe now?

Thanks

Peter, let me handle this one! I LOVE chips and have the hips, thighs, etc to prove it!

This?

"DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips *In 2011, we reformulated DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips to remove wheat from the recipe. While some older packages may show “wheat” on the ingredient statement, please be assured that all Doritos Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips currently being sold in the US DO NOT contain wheat."

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/us-products-not-containing-gluten-ingredients.html

please be assured that all Doritos Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips currently being sold in the US DO NOT contain wheat."

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/us-products-not-containing-gluten-ingredients.html

Yay!  One less concern.  But, don't recall seeing red Doritos? :huh:  I have seen various flavored Doritos, in the US.  Or maybe I have not looked too closely, lately. B) Yes, one of the flavors did list gluten.  I can't remember which one, but it was always clearly listed on the ingredient listing.

Or maybe the OP was refering to the Nacho (redish in color) Doritos....probably so.

Yay!  One less concern.  But, don't recall seeing red Doritos? :huh:  I have seen various flavored Doritos, in the US.  Or maybe I have not looked too closely, lately. B) Yes, one of the flavors did list gluten.  I can't remember which one, but it was always clearly listed on the ingredient listing.

Or maybe the OP was refering to the Nacho (redish in color) Doritos....probably so.

I thought Nacho flavored. That's what I posted.

I thought Nacho flavored. That's what I posted.

Yes you did.  I had a visual in my mind...like restaurant chips that come in red, blue and natural.   I thought that maybe we, in the US, were being deprived of pretty colored chips from Doritos. :rolleyes:

Yes you did.  I had a visual in my mind...like restaurant chips that come in red, blue and natural.   I thought that maybe we, in the US, were being deprived of pretty colored chips from Doritos. :rolleyes:

Nacho cheese are an un-natural orange! And leave your fingers orange, too!

Yes I meant the nacho flavor. I was just used to calling them the red doritos because it was easier to explain to other parents or my kids at parties that my kids couldn't have the red doritos. I hate my kids having all that food die but at least I know now that its ok to eat if they go to a party. I wish the reformulated it to remove the dies also.

Thanks. My kids will be happy.