Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi, I just got diagnosed after 50 years of floods of Celiacs symptoms. ive always been a health nut,I work in the fitness industry (which is getting tough with the 7 months pregnant wheat belly I have)..and I'm not pregnant. Anyways I had test done in Oct 2012 and then again after 4 months of a gluten free diet.  My IGa scores are HIGHER than they were before eating gluten free. Is that normal? Also I have hained 15 lbs and feel the worst I have ever felt in my life. I cannot even take my depression meds because they had wheat in them. I'm at a lost here. I have had severe bloating about 20 years and i am shocked how its gotten even worse on the diet. So far the only improvement I have had was all the scalp,arms and buttocks sores are gone.

I am trying to take a product to heal my intestines and have also been eating lots of probiotic yogurts..and not the sweet yummy kind either. I am sick as a dog and fear my belly is just goin to explode one day. I cannot even do any sit ups or ab work of any kind ,its so painful. I can only wear spandex type clothes because nothing else fits. I have had a mysterious left side just under the rib cage pain that Im tired of going to the Drs for, they are just idiots and not worth the co-pay anymore.

I need serious help here. I feel like Im gonna die a painful death with this.

Please help..anyone

Jodie

i would guess that you are getting cross-contaminated somewhere.  have you replaced your cooking utensils that could have residual gluten trapped in them like wooden spoons and cutting boards?   have you switched your personal care (shampoo, conditioner, etc) to gluten free brands?  are you kissing the significant other after they have had gluten?  there were alot of things i had to "tweak" in the first year, with each change bringing better results.  try keeping a food journal maybe?

My first thougt was that it could be dairy. My gastro symptoms were almost the same for dairy as they were for gluten. I have read that up to 50% of celiacs are lactose intolerant at diagnosis (this often disappears over time) so you could be one of the unlucky few who needs to drop dairy for a time.

I would recheck everything in your life for gluten too. It seems funny your DGP went up, but it has been only 4 months so it's possible that it just hasn't come down yet..

Best wishes. I hope you feel well soon.

Maybe you have other food intolerances? maybe lactose intolerance, since you said you are eating a lot of yogurts and everything. Lactose intolerance also causes bloating and stuff like that.