Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greenbeanie

Finally Found A Great Doctor For My Daughter!

I thought I'd post something happy for once...

After six months of trying to find a good PCP for my four-year-old daughter, we finally met with a superb doctor yesterday who actually read her health history and agreed that we do have legitimate concerns about the ongoing digestive problems she's had since infancy! 

I'd been seriously discouraged because her previous doctor was awful, then we called four different pediatric practices and waited for months for an opening on their cancellation lists but never got in, then finally got an appointment with a family practice doctor who took one look at my daughter's file and said that all this digestive stuff was "way too complicated" for her and refused to even give my daughter a routine physical. A very kind nurse stopped us as we were leaving (very discouraged and near tears), and she finagled an urgent care appointment with one of the other doctors in the practice. He took one look at the long list of symptoms I'd brought (which were all well-documented in her file - but no one else had even bothered to read it) and said that of course it made sense to order blood tests for celiac and anemia, and of course we should see a pediatric GI doctor. He ordered the tests right then and there! It wasn't the full panel, but at this point I was just so grateful for his help that I wasn't picky. And the best part was that he agreed to be my daughter's new PCP, even though he was officially not accepting new patients. We have an appointment to see the pediatric GI doctor in July. 

After years of frustration, my daughter and I are finally both on parallel tracks to figuring things out! 

Hip...hip...hooray!

I'm doing a happy dance for you...sucks that finding a doctor that listens is the exception rather than the rule, but very happy for your family today!!!