Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greenbeanie

Positive Tests For My Daughter!

Hooray! I know this is just about the only group of people on the planet who can understand why I'm so HAPPY to get positive results! After years of knowing something is very wrong with my child but having no answers, my four-year-old's blood tests all came back clearly and obviously positive:

TTG-IGA: 65 (over 4 positive)

DGP-IGA: 69 (over 20 positive)

DGP-IGG: 39 (over 20 positive)

The soonest we could get in to see the pediatric GI doctor is July 22, but that was before the blood test results came back. I'll be calling as soon as they open to see if they can get her in before then. I'm fine with them doing an endoscopy to confirm, but I have no doubt whatsoever that she really has celiac. (And this makes me even more convinced that my own blood tests were false negatives - but time will tell...)

so happy that you're getting answers!!  i'd say those look like pretty positive results  :) good luck, and I hope they are able to get her in sooner!

Hooray! I know this is just about the only group of people on the planet who can understand why I'm so HAPPY to get positive results! After years of knowing something is very wrong with my child but having no answers, my four-year-old's blood tests all came back clearly and obviously positive:

TTG-IGA: 65 (over 4 positive)

DGP-IGA: 69 (over 20 positive)

DGP-IGG: 39 (over 20 positive)

The soonest we could get in to see the pediatric GI doctor is July 22, but that was before the blood test results came back. I'll be calling as soon as they open to see if they can get her in before then. I'm fine with them doing an endoscopy to confirm, but I have no doubt whatsoever that she really has celiac. (And this makes me even more convinced that my own blood tests were false negatives - but time will tell...)

They got us in for an appointment with the pediatric GI doctor in four days, and they've already scheduled the endoscopy for the day after that! Things are finally looking up. Thanks for your support, everyone. I am not worried about the difficulty of a gluten-free diet at all - I know it will be challenging when we travel, but it will be so much less of a struggle than what we've gone through to get to this point. I can't wait to get my calm, happy girl back!

fantastic news!!!  very happy for you and your daughter that things are moving in the right direction  :D

They got us in for an appointment with the pediatric GI doctor in four days, and they've already scheduled the endoscopy for the day after that! Things are finally looking up. Thanks for your support, everyone. I am not worried about the difficulty of a gluten-free diet at all - I know it will be challenging when we travel, but it will be so much less of a struggle than what we've gone through to get to this point. I can't wait to get my calm, happy girl back!