Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmcc54

Gi Appt Today!

My baby had her GI apt moved up from the 3rd to today after the dr reviewed her test results! Im soooo nervous..not sure what to expect at all! Any important questions I should ask? shes going because her IgG test was positive! If they want to do a biopsy do they do that the same day? or schedule for another?

Good luck!! I cannot answer your question. But I wish you and your little one all the best of luck!! Maby you can call the office and ask? 

my advice would be to write down questions you have before hand. Personally, I get flustered, so I write my questions down before hand that way I don't forget anything.  Maximize your time with the doc :)  I'd expect that they will schedule the biopsy for a future date during your appointment today.  good luck, and let us know how it goes!

My baby had her GI apt moved up from the 3rd to today after the dr reviewed her test results! Im soooo nervous..not sure what to expect at all! Any important questions I should ask? shes going because her IgG test was positive! If they want to do a biopsy do they do that the same day? or schedule for another?

I would write down all questions too, and leave a few lines for yourself to write in the answers.  All those lab tests she had, you might want to ask the GI what each one is and why they think it was abnormal.  Perhaps ask about whether she needs any supplementary digestive enzymes for a while until she is healed. Request nutrient levels tested (D, B12, potassium, ferritin, iron, calcium, zinc) to find out if she needs some big doses of vitamins. If you are breastfeeding, perhaps ask how your diet will affect her and what foods you should eliminate or eat more of.

I imagine they will schedule her a biopsy when you go. Hopefully you'll be at the front of the line due to her young age. Good luck.  :)

hugs to you all! I didn't even think to write my questions before! What a great idea..im like you too and will most likey get flustered and forget my whole brain lol