Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I had an endoscopy recently and my doc said the results of the biopsy of my duodenum should what could be considered "mild" celiac disease or what I understood as a precursor to full blown celiac disease.  My bloodwork was negative for celiac disease.  Doc suggested I try a Gluten Free diet for 30 days to see if I felt any better, if so, stop Nexium for GERD and continue on Gluten Free diet.  Come back and see him in 3 months.

My doc told me I had "mild" celiac and to go gluten "light" LMAO....right.

Been gluten free for a while now, didn't do the "light" thing...so I dunno why they say mild, light, sorta...in my mind either you have it or not. And really going gluten-free is the only way to see if it actually helps if they tell you that you don't have it. I happened to have positive blood work, 4 times, in a ten year span. Never got to the endoscopy, but logically if I have the antibodies...whether or not they are damaging the villi yet is irrelevant, since the antibodies don’t belong there in the first place.

You obviously have villi damage, so celiac it would seem is there, not to matter how severe.

So, I hope you feel better and welcome to the boards. We are here for you. Good luck on your new journey to better health!!!

Mild celiac is like "sorta pregnant". I am pretty sure you have Celiac, hon.

"Welcome to the family and the forum!" :)

may I suggest you start here:

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

Read and ask us any questions you may have. We are here for you.

The best book I can recommend is:

Real Life with Celiac Disease

by Melinda Dennis and Daniel Leffler.

http://www.reallifewithceliacdisease.com/

You're going to be okay!

There's a common saying around here about having "a slightly positive result" or a "mild case" of celiac.  It's like being pregnant - you can have a slightly positive test on a pregnancy test - you're still pregnant.  You have a "mild" case of celiac, then you have celiac.  Great, you don't have a lot of damage!  But still, celiac.

Anywho, welcome to the forum!

Yep...there is no mild Celiac Disease - only celiac disease folks with minimal damage detected.

Welcome to our Family!  Take a look around ... check out the Newbie 101 thread and ask any questions you may have.

:)