Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tljfe9

Could I Be Celiac?

So right now Im waiting for my blood results but I was wondering what you guys think it could be. So my doctor has tested for almost everything in the book and it has come out negative. When I was little I used to be allergic to everything but then I went to NAET and got "rid" of them. 

Heres some of my symptoms:

-Since april I have had on and off constipation ( more of the time constipation then not) and one week diareaha.

-Even though I have had constipation I have lost a significant amount of weight and I eat alot. Also I have stopped exercising do to unhealthy weight and fatigue.

-I have had a lot bloating and constant flatulance and gurgling of the stomach.

-I have had discomfort in my low abdomen but its not really "painful".

-I have been alot more water and im always peeing, but my skin is so so dry. 

-I have had frequent headaches

-Alot of fatigue

- I have got a couple of nose bleeds and I have never had one in my life before this

-I have gotten sick alot

-My sleep has been off

I east very healthy with lots of fiber and different food groups. Any ideas???

It's hard to say, but it could be. These are mostly not classic celiac symptoms, but celiac can present in many different ways. It's a good thing you're being tested, hope you get your answers and that you soon will know what is thet matter, so that you can get what ever treetment you need. Good luck to you!

Could be celiac disease, or an intolerance to gluten (my initial symptoms were only thyroiditis and anemia and not the classic celiac disease symptoms).  

However, you said you had allergies when you were little.  Bet those allergies (which may have never really went away.....) have come back.  I used to think that my allergies went away during the winter (told my doc this and he laughed).  They didn't really "go away" but my responses did diminish until SPRING!  When pollen counts were high or the wind was blowing dust/mold, my foods reactions came back with a vengeance!

Those sounds like a lot of my symptoms! I was dx with "IBS" (which is an umbrella diagnosis for there is something wrong with your gut but we don't know what :P). With gut symptoms - it really could be anything... from food intolerances to celiac to IBD to too much 'bad' bacteria in your gut. Peeing a lot (or being too thirsty) as well as having very dry skin could be an indication of an endocrine issue as well. Best of luck, I hope you get some answers soon! 

Greetings!

I hope you will get some definitive answers soon.  I did have extreme thirst without having diabetes and have been diagnosed as having celiac.  My symptoms included bloating, brain fog, and extreme fatigue.  My bloating occurred without pain.  I am sensitive to scents and fungi.  These also make me bloat.  I think many of your symptoms could be from a gluten problem, and I hope your testing will be helpful.

D