Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

ravenwoodglass

Small Scratch...so Much Blood!

Rate this topic

I gave my little daschund Maggie a bath an hour or so ago. Her favorite thing to do after one is run and run and run. Well we have a new addition to the family, a 16 week old kitten who freaked out and gave a swipe as she ran past him. Maggie now has a tiny scratch on her ear. And I have blood literally all over the house. After going through half a roll of paper towels, two dishtowels and soaking my shirt it has finally stopped with the aid of pressure and some flour. However my floors, carpet, couch and chair are covered in droplets of blood. Thankfully I keep covers on the furniture (now in the washing machine) but some soaked through and her romping moved others over so the couch was exposed. Any ideas how I can get the blood off my couch and carpet? If I let it sit until tomorrow when I can pick up a shampooer will it still come out?

She is fine, never even yelped but kind of annoyed that she had to go back into the sink to try and rinse some of the blood off. Her shaking off after of course started the flow again so for now I will live with a black brown and pink dog.

Thanks I will try straight cold water first and see if that does the trick. If it doesn't then I will try to keep everything wet until I get out of work tomorrow. I can't believe how much a little scratch I can't even see can bleed!

I once clipped my yorkies nail too short.  Dang, the blood wouldn't stop coming.  The little guy mush have jumped on every piece of furniture in the house..  I used cold water.  Worked just fine.  Good luck.

Colleen 

I use a spot/stain pretreater from the brand Ecover, it comes in a little bottle

with a brush applicator, it's some kind of enzyme treatment. I'd try that before

shelling out for a shampooer rental, it's always gotten blood out of clothes for

me, even ridiculous amounts.

Thanks everyone. The cold water did work on the couch and carpet. So much blood from that little scratch. My house looked like a crime scene and  I am still finding blood drops on walls, my kitchen tv etc.  LOL  Every time she shook her head the blood would start to flow again.  Saw some advice on line to use flour and wrap her ear to her head. Of course I had no gauze so we improvised with a bandana.

Guess this is why we don't see dogs with pierced ears.