Rate this topic

I happened to be wandering up and down aisles at Costco today and found Premium Gold gluten free flour. It's an AP flour blend that I scored for about $13 for 5 pounds which I'm pretty excited about. There aren't many AP blends available in stores around here that aren't either mostly rice flour (blech) or Bob's (I can't do beans, and don't like the flavor in my baked goods either) so it was nice to find something different. It has flax and quinoa and... other stuff I can't remember in it. It sounded semi-healthy-ish so I'll feel mildly less guilty when I bake.

This will be my first time since Bob's trying an AP flour so now I have to decide what to bake. :)

Anyone looking for something different should keep an eye at at Costco for this. They are really hitting the gluten-free product selection hardcore. (I also got 3 samples today, one was alfredo and pasta!)

I happened to be wandering up and down aisles at Costco today and found Premium Gold gluten free flour. It's an AP flour blend that I scored for about $13 for 5 pounds which I'm pretty excited about. There aren't many AP blends available in stores around here that aren't either mostly rice flour (blech) or Bob's (I can't do beans, and don't like the flavor in my baked goods either) so it was nice to find something different. It has flax and quinoa and... other stuff I can't remember in it. It sounded semi-healthy-ish so I'll feel mildly less guilty when I bake.

This will be my first time since Bob's trying an AP flour so now I have to decide what to bake. :)

Anyone looking for something different should keep an eye at at Costco for this. They are really hitting the gluten-free product selection hardcore. (I also got 3 samples today, one was alfredo and pasta!)

not a fan of rice flour huh? :lol: Its better than bean flour in my opinion.

Glad to see more big box stores carrying stuff. What was the alfredo and/or pasta?

Just Classico alfredo, nothing exciting there. The pasta was a rice, corn, quinoa blend. It was pretty good. I went and looked and I think it said $3.67 a pound which is pretty reasonable, it just wasn't in my current grocery budget. I have X amount of wiggle room I allow myself at Costco, and I used all my wiggle on flour. If I didn't have rules for shopping at Costco I'd spend all my money there, mostly on impulse buys. :ph34r: