CeliacStudent2013

Nauseated And Reflux

Rate this topic

i'm 16 i've been celiac for four years now i've just started having nausea and reflux and tired but not so much 

i just had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and i got some cramping in my belly all around my belly button my mother thought it was gas but i wasn't exactly sure whats been going on ...i take nexium it dont work for my reflex  i try pepcid it help for a while but comes back later on the day or night i also try family dollar  acid reducer that don't work as much either,i wake up really nausea feel like puking and i have anxiety so its twice as worse,and i'm on meds for that and bipolar 

if anyone has any ideas please please please give me any ideas

-trisha

i'm 16 i've been celiac for four years now i've just started having nausea and reflux and tired but not so much 

i just had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and i got some cramping in my belly all around my belly button my mother thought it was gas but i wasn't exactly sure whats been going on ...i take nexium it dont work for my reflex  i try pepcid it help for a while but comes back later on the day or night i also try family dollar  acid reducer that don't work as much either,i wake up really nausea feel like puking and i have anxiety so its twice as worse,and i'm on meds for that and bipolar 

if anyone has any ideas please please please give me any ideas

-trisha

Hi Trisha,

It would be better to start a new thread, since this one is several years old.  But no biggies, welcome to the forum! :)

It can be difficult to figure out which foods are safe to eat when first starting the gluten-free diet.  Instead of reading long lists of ingredient son processed foods, try eating whole foods.  Fruit, nuts, meats, vegetables are all naturally gluten-free in their whole state.  You can find most whole foods around the perimeter of grocery stores.  Many stores do have a section of gluten-free breads and such.

Keeping your diet simple and with minimal ingredients is helpful when starting.  It may  be boring but you will heal faster.

Some starting the gluten-free diet tips for the first 6 months:

Get tested before starting the gluten-free diet.

Get your vitamin/mineral levels tested also.

Don't eat in restaurants

Eat only whole foods not processed foods.

Eat only food you cook yourself, think simple foods, not gourmet meals.

Take probiotics.

Take gluten-free vitamins.

Take digestive enzymes.

Avoid dairy.

Avoid sugars and starchy foods.

Avoid alcohol.

Watch out for cross contamination.

Helpful threads:

FAQ Celiac com

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/forum-7/announcement-3-frequently-asked-questions-about-celiac-disease/

Newbie Info 101

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

What's For Breakfast Today?

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/81858-whats-for-breakfast-today/

I had nausea and acid reflux really bad. It got so bad, I'd wake up in the middle of the night with it in my throat. At that time, I didn't even make the connection with Celiac even though I got a diagnosis for my first autoimmune disease. I would sleep sitting up it was so bad. I stopped eating 4 to 5 hours before sleeping and took prescribed meds to control the reflux. It was the only way I got relief. Of course, now with another AI disease and discovering the connection with Celiac, I'm now gluten free. The nausea and reflux has subsided. I'm new to understanding celiac disease. The advice GFinDC gave looks pretty good. I hope you feel better soon.

I would suggest having a HIDA scan done on the Gallbladder to make sure it isn't causing these issues.

As for reflux, i had it bad. It took me some time to get it under control.

I do not eat trigger foods, anything overly fatty, greasy, spicy, acidic, or things with caffeine or chocolate. I try to always eat a starch with each meal. I drink water and, on occasion, milk.

I also snack more than i do eat full meals.

I also use a wedge pillow to sleep on.