Alex J

Barilla Gluten Free Pasta

Rate this topic

I just found Barilla has a gluten free pasta range. Maybe everyone else already found this because it's been out since September, but I didn't find anything when I searched the forum. It is based on corn and rice, made in Italy in a dedicated facility, is cheap compared to most gluten free pasta ($2.50ish/12oz), and is really, really, really good. Not mushy, not grainy, doesn't just dissolve away into the water as you cook it, don't have to rinse, still good cold. I feel like I have pasta back at last.

I want to spread the word because I do not want them to stop making this! I have had trouble finding it, but I called them and they told me it's in the SuperTargets near me.

We've been using gluten-free Barilla pasta and really like it. I actually find it in the regular pasta aisle rather than in the "gourmet" section of my grocery store with the other gluten-free products. I just happened to stumble upon it.

This pasta is awesome!!  I've never been a huge pasta fan, but thinking back, that's because it used to make me feel terrible and bloated after eating it.  Another warning sign I didn't realize at the time :)   They make elbow, penne, rotini and spaghetti shaped noodles, and they are delicious.  I highly recommend it!