Rate this topic

Ok I had my doctors appointment this morning and without even bringing up celiac but just listing off my symptoms the dr brought up being tested for it along with looking at a couple other things, but suggests doing both a colonoscopy and endoscopy so we hit both areas at the same time and check for the few other things she thinks are a possibility.... She suggests we do the scope but not the blood work right now due to the cost to me, she's had a lot of people show a false negative and I've been mostly gluten free since Monday cause I had a couple teeth pulled and can't eat much (in which time my stomach hasn't really been feeling upset)

So I'm being refurred to a gi doc and will go from there.. Now should I get the blood work done as well or just wait and see what the scope says? My drs appt with her pediatrition is tomorrow afternoon so well probably get the blood work for her but I guess that depends on what her doc thinks, she's also got an appt with a paediatric gi but not till august tho but that was put in a few months ago cause I wanted her sent to the children's hospital cause no one here could give me answers..

I was diagnosed just by biopsy because my blood tests were negative but I gather that I'm the exception. As long as you have insurance you should do the blood work imo. It can't rule it out, but it can't hurt either. They can just do it the same time as your biopsy, no biggie. Having not really eating much for 2 days wouldn't have changed the results. It's great to be getting everything checked for what's up, but what I can't figure out is why the doctor immediately jumps to "lets run over $1000 worth of invasive tests.... no, we don't need to do $100 blood test because it'll cost you too much." This reasoning just completely baffles me and makes less than no sense.

I'm in canada so the scopes are free for me but the blood work costs 160$ cause it's not covered. But if you all think I should get the blood work as well I can just give my dr a call and get them to order it without an issue

Alright I book my daughters appt for the blood panel for tomorrow after noon and her dr is check thyroid and vitamins as well so she only has to get blood taken once cause she hate needles it'll cost me 125$ so not as bad as what my dr said I'm gonna get hers done now and then I'll go a head and ask my dr to order it for me as well for later this month when I'll have the extra money to get it done