Rate this topic

Yesterday a friend asked me to lunch and I brought my own to be safe.  We ate at a pizza place, and I didn't eat or drink anything from the store.  Is it possible that I was glutened just by eating in there?  If not I don't know what it could be from.  I also had sabra olive hummus, but it says gluten free and seems like others are fine with it.  Thanks!

I  say  no to getting  gluten  from just being  in a place  for  a  short amount of time...I'm sure  you  put  down a  napkin  before you placed  your  food   on  a  table..... if  you were a  worker  at a pizza  shop  then I could understand  that  could  present  a problem...

super  sensitive  people  could  have  a problem   maybe... I know  when I walk  by  a  Auntie Anne's  pretzel place  in the mall, I  get light  headed from the  smell... so I  run past  quickly holding  my hand over  my face...I  think it is  just  the  smell  as  I react  to  a lot of  smells  having  nothing to do with  celiac...

Hummus    is  okay...did  you check on the crackers  you were  eating with it?

Note:  Super Sensitive view and I hope you can just ignore my post, but if you can't it is really good to know that others have problems.:

I react to eating a my own food at a restaurant or person's home, but I don't know if it Is celiac or something else.  It would be really easy at a pizza restaurant for flour to land on the silverware or table and end up on the plate.  It could be really easy to cross contaminate while in someone's home with a used pot holder, or setting something on a gluteny surface.

Desperate-  I don't think I am super sensitive.  I definitely can't eat things made on shared equipment or cooked on the same surface.  I don't know what types of reactions super sensitive people have.  I will read about it after this.

No crackers, just carrots.

I also had gluten free chex which I thought I reacted to before, but dismissed it because I thought I must be wrong.  Maybe it's the corn in the chex?  I don't have a constant headache, so maybe this is a little different?