BlessedMommy

Master List Of Exclusively Gluten-Free Restaurants?

Rate this topic

I don't think we put Mariposa on this thread. It's a bakery with a few things like quiche, sandwiches, little pizzas. In San Franscico area - one on the waterfront and one near Berkley

http://www.mariposabaking.com

Mariposa is my favorite bakery in the world!  Everything they have is yummy!  I make multiple trips every time I'm in SF and online order from there regularly.  

Jakes Coffee House in Staunton, IL.  It has a limited menu, but everything is good.  The owner's young daughter has celiac.  I was disappointed when I went there because I was hoping to purchase bread on a regular basis and bring it home.  They use Udi's bread and buns, BUT they are not the same as what can be purchased at the local stores.  They use Udi's restaurant breads - only available to restaurants.  The owner gave me a piece to try, and I loved it.  She said even her non-gluten-free customers like it.  The hamburger buns were really good.  She was talked into selling me a few slices of bread and some buns.  I don't know why the recipes are different, but they are.  I'm not fond of Udi's breads/buns from the grocer.  And, the bread is larger - the size of a regular loaf of sandwich bread.

I have been using an app for iphone and android called "Find Me Gluten Free" for finding restaurants that are Celiac friendly, and its amazing!! I can even use it in Canada!! I cannot however find an app that I can use at the grocery store for scanning items to check whether or not they contain gluten. (There is one called "shopwell" but its not available in Canada unless I change my iphone settings to US, which I don't want to do, and even then, our products can be MUCH different than those in the US). If you know of one.....please let me know!!! Thanks everyone!!! Hope you are all happy and healthy!!!

I have been using an app for iphone and android called "Find Me Gluten Free" for finding restaurants that are Celiac friendly, and its amazing!! I can even use it in Canada!! I cannot however find an app that I can use at the grocery store for scanning items to check whether or not they contain gluten. (There is one called "shopwell" but its not available in Canada unless I change my iphone settings to US, which I don't want to do, and even then, our products can be MUCH different than those in the US). If you know of one.....please let me know!!! Thanks everyone!!! Hope you are all happy and healthy!!!

I'm not sure if it's available in canada, but check for "ipiit"

There is one in Ashville NC. Posana Cafe

I've eaten there and it was so darn good. Really good. The owner's wife has celiac so all the food is gluten-free. 

Wow! Thanks for this. I had no idea these apps existed. 

The New Vegan in Delray Beach FL is completely gluten, dairy and soy free. 

The Green Wave Cafe in Fort Lauderdale is gluten and dairy free, and mostly soy free. 

I live 30 minutes from each of these. but well worth the trip. 

I was wondering if there was any nationwide directory of restaurants that only serve gluten-free food? I was curious because I find them rather hard to find and it seems like there should be a few out there!

If you are ever in Kansas City, t.Loft is exclusively gluten free and they make really great juices http://www.tloft.net/