1desperateladysaved

Can Weakness, (Hot ) Sweating And Pale Face Be Signs?

Rate this topic

My husband has been eating the SCD diet with me while at home.  He eats whatever pleases him while away.  Recently he noted that he lost enough weight to be tying his pants on!  He went to work Monday after about 10 days of at home work.  Shortly after lunch he felt this weakness, sweating, and had a pale face.  He felt better, but not well after lying down for 10 minutes.  Does celiac ever cause these symptoms?.

Please stay on topic the question being:  Can celiac cause weakness, hot sweat and pale face after glutening?

There are any number of medical issues that could cause those symptoms  ( hypertension or diabetes or menopause for example, which obviously does not apply) and he should seek immediate medical care. 

Celiac may cause any number of symptoms, yes (and possibly those) but it's a great mimic and it is dangerous to assume he felt that way just because he ate lunch outside the home.

Edited by IrishHeart

In a person with Celiac - maybe. But he has been eating gluten for many years without this " symptom" so it's more likely to be a heart problem, virus, food poisoning, etc.

I agree with Karen.

If a person has Celiac Disease, these would be possible signs of accidental glutening.

I know you asked us to stay on topic...but please take him to a doctor or ER -- I have lost too many friends when symptoms of heart issues were dismissed.

Take care :)