strum

Just Starting Out gluten-free

Rate this topic

Gluten free for just a little while now, about a week and a half. I have had a definite improvement in symptoms. Decrease in bowel frequency, decrease bloating and distention, improved energy. It's almost amazing. However today I've had some loose stools (sorry if too graphic) and abdominal pain. Does this mean I ate something I shouldn't have or is it just that my GI tract is still healing?

Still healing most likely. You'll probably be up and down for a while, and while you're healing just about anything can cause problems. I couldn't even eat lettuce at first.

You've read the Newbie thread so you know how to avoid CC, right? So just be careful and give it some time. Hope you're feeling better soon.

It could be both. The beginning of the diet is the hardest.  I am on month three and still making rookie mistakes.  It is really hard right now to tell just what bothers you, your tummy is sensitive and needs to heal.  Dairy might be a problem if you have a lot of damage in your small intestine.  You might need probiotics and or digestive enzymes.

... However today I've had some loose stools (sorry if too graphic) and abdominal pain...

I can tell that you're new here.

Hahaha

No, really, it's going to take a LOT more description before you get anywhere near too graphic.