Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Scott Adams

Gluten Sensitivity Versus Celiac Disease - Four States Homepage

Rate this topic

Four States Homepage

Gluten Sensitivity Versus Celiac Disease

Four States Homepage

GROVE, OK.--- Integris Grove practitioners are informing people about the difference between the two. Celiac disease damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents it from absorbing parts of food that are important for staying healthy. The ...

View the full article

"Integris Grove practitioners are informing people about the difference between the two. Celiac disease damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents it from absorbing parts of food that are important for staying healthy. The damage is caused by a reaction to eating foods with gluten, like wheat, barley and rye. Those with celiac experience symptoms like abdominal pain, bloating, and other stomach issues. Health experts say people who are just gluten intolerant will have similar symptoms to celiac, but their intestine is not damaged by gluten. 

"If you just do like a trial of three weeks of no wheat, not just gluten, but no wheat and gluten. If you feel better, then you probably are sensitive," said Aunna Herbst, Integris Medicine Practitioner.

Around 20% to 30% of Americans suffer from celiac disease and around 70% to 80% are likely to be gluten sensitive. Celiac is also more commonly found in women. Integris practitioners suggest those who are experiencing symptoms when eating gluten, should see a doctor to get tested. "

there are so many things wrong in these statements and it bothers me that this is supposedly a "valid article" and a quote from a "medicine practitioner".??
here are a few:

20-30% of the population is not celiac.--1% is. 

70-80% of the population is not gluten sensitive. Researchers put it at 6-15%. 

and it occurs to me that
I'm probably the only one reading these articles on a Saturday morning  and likely just talking to myself right now.... :D

Watched it and cursed my laptop for playing such sewage.  The commercials are lame too.  This is why there is so much mis-information out there about Celiac.  

Got my cheaters...I CAN SEEEEEE.  :D