BlessedMommy

Stumbling Over Words When Glutened?

Rate this topic

I think that it's possible I may be been glutened. Yesterday, I got a low grade fever of about 100, a headache, and started stumbling over my words. Today, I still have a headache and am still occasionally tripping over my words. (not normal for me, as I normally talk a lot and don't stutter)

My husband thinks that it's just me being tired or sick and has nothing to do with gluten.

I got a lot of sleep last night though and am still having occasional trouble getting words out. Last night when I started tripping over my words, I started thinking back to my TIA, but this time, no numbness followed, so it wouldn't be another TIA.

Anybody have speech troubles when glutened?

I have terrible speech patterns after a glutening.  Hell, I haven't gotten rid of my brain fog yet and it's been four months.  My speech gets all jumbled, I talk dyslexic.  Usually it's just mixing my words up as I am talking, but sometimes it sounds like I need a bib to catch my drool and I am going to start licking windows and I am mixing up my letters in the words.  Then I get frustrated because I can't talk and then it gets worse. This gets better, right?

My speech has gotten better and my temp dropped, but I still have a headache. Really, really hoping that it goes away ASAP. I really don't need any neurological troubles right now. I'm going to have to modify my kids' gluten challenge.

I just can't take unnecessary risks, with my history!

No more gluten in my house. My kids can eat bags of glutenous chips on the lawn and then wash their hands and faces before coming inside. Or I can take them out for bean burritos at Taco Bell. 

The last time I was accidently glutened, it was not pretty. I was happily off that mess for  2months and after a very  busy  and chaotic day, hubby and I decided to go out for a treat. Did we go to the normal place we go that we both know is safe for me to eat nooooooo.  I get the wild hair up my bottom to go to PF Changs during peak period business. In the past, I had a wonderful experience, with the chef and GM both not only being helpful at  having a safe and  great experience, they showed me what to look for and send back, in the event of a screw up.  They showed me the diff in the tofu texture to other thing such as sauce coloring.  So yea I felt a bit safer due to that previous experience. But within 45 min to an hour holy mother, nausiated, and sick to my stomach and  weeping while dashing to the bathroom with in an hour and half laterish.  the next day  the real dance party for me hit, I went to the store and that wasn't that bad, I take my time and screen everything, but when I got home, it got good.  Poor hubby  later comes into my office area, as I am working on my coding practice and states sweety??? where do the frozen foods go?? I was like umm the freezer. Well it didn't go to the freezer It went in the fridge, my almond milk whent in the freezer and other bizarities. As for stumbling words guilty as charged. I do hate brain fog with a passion as my job demands me to be veryr quick minded and it sucks when that rolls in.

I hope you get to feeling better and soon..

.  I think maybe my tongue swells up.  I also bite the inside of my cheeks.  I think this causes me to talk with difficulty and I have begun to suspect these are linked with my gluten/other intolerance problems.

Dee

I certainly experience this combination of symptoms when glutened, as well as stumbling over words, phrasing, pronunciation.  All very frustrating!  The saving grace is that I now know that I have celiac disease; before, I thought I was losing intelligence daily.

Yes! I experienced this for years before dx, and get it when CC'd with brain fog.

I have trouble recalling words, mix words with each other (ie: routinely get laundry and recycling reversed), and interchange sounds "heckle past a frare" for a "freckle past a hair".

The problems with word recall subside as fatigue an brain fog disappears, but the word swapping can last quite a while. I also tend to trail off while talking mid sentence when I'm glutened. This annoys my hubby to all hell.

I'm generally very articulate and work in communications, so this is really frustrating!