This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Does This Seem Like Gluten Problems?

ann-drea

ann-drea Newbie

HI there, emerging lurker here :)

Just feeling so discouraged by the ongoing nature of my symptoms but no specific diagnosis.  I feel like I can't eat anything, otherwise I have some kind of weird reaction.  This causes me to feel anxious about going out to restaurants or out to friends houses.  I really feel a little crazy with all of this.  GP diagnosis Adverse food reaction (non anaphylactic), IBSD.  GI placed me on FODMAP diet.  Heart doctor wants me to do tests, Allergy doctor says there are no tests for gluten sensitivity.  I do feel dismissed and made to look psychosomatic, yet the rashes are very visible.  I believe the different doctor's specificities makes it difficult to see the big picture, and if there is no test, then it doesn't really exist.  

I am wondering if any of my symptoms sounds like Celiac to you? I tested negative for wheat allergy, so does that mean I don't have Celiac?  I read about Celiac, and I don't have many of the dreaded effects that go with the disease.  I am pretty allergic to mold, somewhat to cats, pollen and dust mites.  Have had the food allergy panel, no allergy was detected. Had CT scan for, sinus with infextion, so on long course of clarithromyacin (ohh my poor gut :)

Ongoing:

• Asthma, IBS-D, cramps, bloating, brain fog, hair loss, eczema, psoriasis, headaches. Chronic sinusitis,  difficulty with sleeping, swelling around eyes in morning, white discharge from eyes, dizziness when i put my head back or look left, sometimes feeling of disequilibrium when walking, occasioinal memory off or trouble finding words, tired and anxious

After I eat something:

• Lungs fill with fluid and can't breath (like I could choke on the mucus), itchy face/ears, major bloating, cramping, IBSD, strange feelings in my heart--having to cough to relieve it, the feeling of coursing/pounding heart beat, brain fog, dizziness.

Weird things happened with no known cause:

1. "ID" reactions, 3x, head to toe extremely itchy bumps needing prednisone/steroids/light treatments to resolve
  2. External Absorption (molar)--teeth cells change back into gum resulting in tooth loss.
  3. Reaction starting with itchy bumps on hands then becoming flushed red, hot rash on backs of elbows, above knees, back of wrists, chest, face and ears (this resolved with benadryl)

On the FODMAP diet which is gluten/dairy free for 3 months.  Yet had a lasagna, and within 2 days #3 above, happened.  Which made me think of gluten sensitivity.  Urgent care doctor said was an allergic reaction because the benadryl seemed to have reduced the swelling and rash began to fade.

Anyway, that is all I can think of at the moment.  I am sorry to write so much.  I usually NEVER right on any 

boards, online sites, but I just feel so discouraged, so thought I would reach out to a community who live with similar issues.  Thank you for reading this.  Any response is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Andrea

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

You could have celiac disease. Have you checked out our DH section regarding celiac rash? My celiac disease manifests in my intestinal tract making a diagnosis much easier. But DH (celiac rash) is more difficult to diagnose. The rash must be biopsied in a special way.

Please read that section, look at photos and check out the University of Chicago's celiac website.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Archived