Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leelomba

Doused With Gluten At The Same Time Stomach Flu Hit

Our power was out so we went out to eat, and they friggin boiled the gluten-free pasta in the same water as all the other pasta (nice, huh? takes serious brains!), but then literally just after eating I began getting sick in the rage of a nasty stomach flu, aparently a strain coming from Sydney. Found myself in emergency twice I couldn't stop getting sick and became dehydrated.

Finally starting to feel more energy. Tummy upset, to say the least. Still afraid to eat, but will get there soon. Simple broth and apple slices to start with. GLUTEN FREE.

My questions surround how much more my body was taken down as a result of my immune system being compromised when I desperately needed it most. Hypothetically, as I don't expect a definitive answer per se.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My response to your question is, "Who knows?" I sincerely hope that you feel better soon! The flu and a glutening! Take care and drink plenty of water.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Unfortunately the bad things happened in a group for you this time.  Just be very vigilant and take care of yourself, and definitely avoid eating out/potential gluten exposure until long after you feel totally better, so you don't get hit again.  If you have the inability to keep food down, your doctor may be able to prescribe you nausea meds to keep you from getting dehydrated and back in the hospital.  Take care!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter