Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbrookes

Lipton Onion Soup

I know there was much discussion earlier about the possibility of barley in this soup. No problem. I have been using it for years with no problem. The last package I looked at seems to have changed ingredients. Now there is "soy sauce (fermented soybeans, wheat, and salt)". Are we screwed? I am afraid to use it now.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If there is now soy sauce with wheat, then, yes, we have lost this as a safe food. There are so few prepared soups that are safe--the loss of one is sad.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

I just called the company and spoke to a customer service supervisor. She said the change was made in July. 2014. I guess the new stuff just got to my store. I told her about the thousands of people who could no longer use their product. No reason for the change that she could find. Maybe if a whole lot us us complain they will change it back. She did say they log the comments and turn them in to (somebody?) weekly.

Join eNewsletter

Someone should insert a link to this in the Newbie thread just to prove to folks that it really is important to read every label every time.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

There are  many gluten-free  onion  soup reipes  over the net but  there are  ready made  gluten-free  ones too... although we loved  Lipton's  we  found  good  alternatives that are  gluten-free..... Book's  is  a  kosher gluten-free one... Vogue Cuisine ,  Chef Swagger's Kitchen Riega  onion  soup mix... Mom's gluten-free  onion  mix....just a  few... many  can be  found  on  the Big "A" web store...not  sure  if  we  can mention the name again!!!!

Join eNewsletter

I just called the company and spoke to a customer service supervisor. She said the change was made in July. 2014. I guess the new stuff just got to my store. I told her about the thousands of people who could no longer use their product. No reason for the change that she could find. Maybe if a whole lot us us complain they will change it back. She did say they log the comments and turn them in to (somebody?) week WE can make this change.

We can make this change.  Who's in?

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter