Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nvsmom

Acne On Jawline

I doubt this is related to celiac disease directly but I wonder if it is autoimmune related, so I thought I'd post it here.

I have jawline acne that is driving me nuts. I almost always have at least one or two zits there and they range in size from small whiteheads to volcanoes that can cast a shadow. I have had it for about 5 years or so, maybe more but probably not less.  I know it was present when I went gluten-free almost 3 years ago because I started taking a topical medication for it.  It was present, I think, when I started taking meds for hypothyroidism (synthroid at first) too.

I've read that jawline acne is often hormonal... then how do I get rid of it?  I'm getting a bunch of scars on my chin that I could do without, and I would like this to be done. It is possible I am in perimenopause but I have no obvious symptoms, and my periods have never been so regular as they have been since going gluten-free.

Has anyone treated this successfully, and if so, how?

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I hear you on that! I started my period a month before I turned 12 and they've always been awful...and are getting worse. I do think I'm in perimenopause and I do think that there is a hormonal component to my breakouts. Really interested to see what others say.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I was having a horrible breakout chin line around my mouth and eyebrows.  After going to a dermatologist and getting put on antibiotics (that were killing my stomach) I read on-line "this breakout can indicate a ZINC defiency .  I started taking a multi-vitamin and drinking more water (stopped the antibiotic) ~ voila the breakout stopped.

I do struggle with this breakout during winter more than warm weather months so there could also be a vitamin D issue too.  I haven't found any literature directly relating vitamin D to the breakout.  Do try and include "healthy fats" like those in avocado to your diet to help your skin too.

Also take time to disinfect your phone.

Michigan

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter