Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone who relies on Better Batter products, think about ordering now. The company is facing possible bankrupcy, so now is the time to stock up. Or enough orders may pay the bills and keep them afloat - I am hoping, as I haven't found any cup for cup flour or cake mixes that even come close!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't tried their products, but received their bankruptcy email via a forward through my local celiac listserve.  I'm certainly going to order from them now - I feel an obligation to help companies that benefit the celiac community.

Angela

Undiagnosed, but I'm positive that I'm the genetic link to celiac for my kids.  Gluten Free in solidarity of my girls!

Kid 1 (9 y/o girl) - DX celiac via blood in 9/2013 (age 7.5).  Negative biopsy in 10/2013.

Kid 2 (5 y/o boy) - DX as "latent celiac" via blood in 9/2013 (age 3.5).  Negative biopsy in 10/2013.

Kid 3 (3 y/o girl) - DX celiac via blood in 8/2013 (age 1.5) and 9/2013. 

Join eNewsletter

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me that this is happening to a gluten-free food company, even if it is a good one.  They have a heartfelt notice posted on their website about the situation that explains that their creditors didn't like the fast expansion rate of their small company.  Sadly, I predict more companies will end up like this.  Hopefully Better Batter will stay afloat.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Better batter is a great  company. They are one  that  gives back to the celiac  community  plus  the  regular  community,  I do  know  the  owner  personally. She  is  the first  person  to  step  up  to  help a  needy  person....

I can remember  years  ago  when Made by Mona  went  belly  up, she too  was a great  person  with  great  gluten-free  products....Last  year  same thing happened  to Jules  Flour...now  Better Batter....

I hope  all find  it  in their  hearts  to save  this   company  .... every dollar  can make a difference....

Join eNewsletter

Do you have the website? I tried but nothing came up.  I have never heard of them, but I am not in the States.  I think I will order something from them.

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter