Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tammyinwv

I Asked For The Recommended Test, But Only Did 2, Results Back

I gave my doctor a list of the tests rcommended on here to do. I know he was concerned about insurance billing, and matching the initials I gave him to the tests list of the lab. Well today I got back the results, and evidently he only did two which look to be negative.

gliadin (deaminated) antibodies evaluation , Iga, serum.................(reference <20)........................result -  <10

gliadin deaminated antibodies, evaluation Igg, serum.....................(reference <20).......................result -  < 10

I dont know how accurate these two are.

Tammy

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Actually just got in a couple more, but still neg:

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE (TTG) ANTIBODIES, IGA, SERUM   <1.2 Reference range: <4.0 (Negative) TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE (TTG) ANTIBODIES, IGG, SERUM   <1.2 Reference range: <6.0 (Negative)

Join eNewsletter

Well, they are negative and you mentioned that you had been pretty much gluten free for six months (give or take accidental glutenings), so that can impact your results. Perhaps, discuss with your doctor about a 8 to 12 week gluten challenge and get retested. You can always go gluten free like you had been doing to see of your symptoms resolve.

I wish you well!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

He ran the best tests, which is good - some doctors only run one test.  As cyclinglady said, you could retest in 3 months after eating more gluten (1/1 to 4 slices of bread per day).  You could have the biopsy done after 2-4 weeks of gluten, or you could go 100% gluten-free and skip all future testing.  Going gluten-free now is helpful if you have non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) or early celiac disease, which you are not willing to advance enough to let it get detectable by blood tests.

Best wishes in whatever you decide to do.  :)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter