Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tammyinwv

Does Symptoms Come And Go While Eating Gluten?

I had testing done which was negative but had been gluten free about 2 months. I have been eating gluten for about a month now. I havent eaten something that was mostly wheat since then. I have had some breads, but they were white bread, but definitely not gluten free. I bought some crackers about a week ago that I havent eaten since I started a trial of gluten-free. They are wheat crackers.  I havent noticed any symptoms after eating them. However today I ate  some and about  an hr to hr 1 and 1/2 hrs later i got very bloated in stomach region. Center of abdomen.  I would think If it was due to gluten, it would have bothered me before when I ate them ...right? 

Tammy

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think most of that are celiac will tell you that we had streaks of good and bad.  I have had stomach problems my whole life, but could go months and months without any symptoms and then out of the blue, total pain.  Some people get sick every single time they get gluten, some don't.  It varies from person to person.

Diagnosed April 7th 2014

Join eNewsletter

I agree.  It really varies a lot between people.  Over all though, the longer a celiac eats gluten, the most consistent and frequent symptoms tend to become.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online