This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Advice please

Rosieandjim

Rosieandjim Newbie

Can anyone help please, been suffering along time with bloating (looking like im 9 month pregnant) constipation, headaches, aches and pains, feeling sick, hardly no energy, always tierd no matter how much sleep i get list is endless. finally go to the doctors and have a blood test done and told me to play around with foods see how much i could tolerate while i was waiting for test to be done, he said he would ring me soon as results was back never did, had to chace it up myself. Anyway it come back negative but the vitamin d which you get from the sun was low and gone for another blood test. I told them that i was still feeling bad when ever i ate small amount just to be told drink more fluids and eat even more veg. as anyone else felt messed about and feel like doctors have not got a clue? 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gluten-freerunner Newbie

I suggest to start keeping a journal of what you eat.  You will probably find that there is a particular food/s causing your bloating.  Start by cutting out suspected food items until you narrow it down to the culprit/s.  Hopefully this helps.  Good luck! ~ Jim

Rosieandjim Newbie

Thanks you i already done this for the first doctor. But he said there was sensitivity and another thing it could also be, then celiac. when i cut it out my diet i felt amazing! But this other doctor im stuck with was horrible and put me off going back. Il do it again though hopefully next time she will be in a good mood ? 

mommida Enthusiast

If it's possible, switch doctors.  You need a doctor who works with you, and that includes listening to what you say.  If you ever get a possibly fatal infection that is time critical, you need a doctor to diagnose you as quickly as possible.  (It happened to me.  The doctor's office was laughing so many people had shown up thinking they had meningitis because news coverage of recent deaths in the area.  Problem was I was showing symptoms and had contact with a family member of one of the deceased.  Headache was so severe I could barely talk and doctor didn't even ask me any questions.  Gave me migraine drugs and an antibiotic.  Hours later I was having seizures and was hospitalized.  It really didn't mater that 20 people before me were just panicked, I really had the illness.)

You should have been tested for Celiac before you made any changes to your diet.  Now that you are noticing a difference it will be harder to eat gluten for the testing.  If you don't have enough damage from gluten- you can't get a Celiac diagnoses.

Rosieandjim Newbie

I hope your better now that must have been scary! I said that and she said it does not make a difference because the cells are already in my body that it was just a myth  and that they will not test me again now its already been done. Think il do a food diary if nothing happens go else where. Thanks  

cyclinglady Grand Master

Exactly what celiac tests were given?  Often doctors order just the TTG IgA for screening (cheap and reliable) and then check for an IgA deficiency (this determines if the TTG IgA test is valid).  If negative and the doctor is still perplexed, he should order the complete celiac panel which includes both the TTG and the DPG (IgA and IgG versions).  

Rosieandjim Newbie

Hi cyclinglady im not sure they did the usual thyroid vitamins ect the celiac came back negative the count come back inconclusive rest was fine apart from that vitamin you get from sun thats all i know about it 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived