Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rosieandjim

Advice please

Rate this topic

Can anyone help please, been suffering along time with bloating (looking like im 9 month pregnant) constipation, headaches, aches and pains, feeling sick, hardly no energy, always tierd no matter how much sleep i get list is endless. finally go to the doctors and have a blood test done and told me to play around with foods see how much i could tolerate while i was waiting for test to be done, he said he would ring me soon as results was back never did, had to chace it up myself. Anyway it come back negative but the vitamin d which you get from the sun was low and gone for another blood test. I told them that i was still feeling bad when ever i ate small amount just to be told drink more fluids and eat even more veg. as anyone else felt messed about and feel like doctors have not got a clue? 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I suggest to start keeping a journal of what you eat.  You will probably find that there is a particular food/s causing your bloating.  Start by cutting out suspected food items until you narrow it down to the culprit/s.  Hopefully this helps.  Good luck! ~ Jim

Join eNewsletter

Thanks you i already done this for the first doctor. But he said there was sensitivity and another thing it could also be, then celiac. when i cut it out my diet i felt amazing! But this other doctor im stuck with was horrible and put me off going back. Il do it again though hopefully next time she will be in a good mood ? 

Join eNewsletter

If it's possible, switch doctors.  You need a doctor who works with you, and that includes listening to what you say.  If you ever get a possibly fatal infection that is time critical, you need a doctor to diagnose you as quickly as possible.  (It happened to me.  The doctor's office was laughing so many people had shown up thinking they had meningitis because news coverage of recent deaths in the area.  Problem was I was showing symptoms and had contact with a family member of one of the deceased.  Headache was so severe I could barely talk and doctor didn't even ask me any questions.  Gave me migraine drugs and an antibiotic.  Hours later I was having seizures and was hospitalized.  It really didn't mater that 20 people before me were just panicked, I really had the illness.)

You should have been tested for Celiac before you made any changes to your diet.  Now that you are noticing a difference it will be harder to eat gluten for the testing.  If you don't have enough damage from gluten- you can't get a Celiac diagnoses.

Michigan

Join eNewsletter

Exactly what celiac tests were given?  Often doctors order just the TTG IgA for screening (cheap and reliable) and then check for an IgA deficiency (this determines if the TTG IgA test is valid).  If negative and the doctor is still perplexed, he should order the complete celiac panel which includes both the TTG and the DPG (IgA and IgG versions).  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter