Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

xcalibr

Lower left abdominal, left pelvic & other random pains

Rate this topic

UPDATE: I got my Celiac Disease (celiac disease) tests back and they were all negative which comforts me and also kind of confuses me more. They ran several Celiac tests and are mailing me all the paperwork. Next visit is with the Gastroenterologist at the beginning of March. I kind of feel so discouraged that I don’t have a diagnosis yet but relieved and selfish at the same time.

Ironically a few days ago I ran into an old friend/colleague of mine and she has Non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) and had the exact same symptoms as me, which was a ray of hope that this might be the issue, but I’ve still not been “officially” diagnosed. 

Eliminating the gluten from my diet has helped in eliminating almost all of my bloating and most of the other random pains too, but this lower left abdominal dull ache is still bothering me. My friend/colleague expressed that her aches in that location took several months to eventually feel better.

I think I’ve also noticed that dairy and a few other of the cross-reactive foods do actually bother me and I will be needing to cut them out till I heal as well.

My friend/colleague thought that after a month, at which point my GI Doc appointment will be, that I should notice some sort of pain difference in my lower left abdomen as long as I don’t get cross-contaminated by accident if I am actually suffering from NCGS.

Since I still seem to exhibit some occasionally bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation and my lower left dull ache but nothing else still makes me wonder. No fever. No blood in stool. No acute pain. No vomiting. No nausea. No shortness of breath. No loss of appetite. No headaches. Not tired. Don’t drink nor smoke. And when I sleep on my back the dull ache seems to vanish. And the PCP ruled out other organ issues that they normally check for.

Hoping the GI Doc will do an ultrasound or sonogram, upper GI, endoscopy or colonoscopy or whatever, but I’m confused because if I don’t have celiac disease isn’t it true that none of these tests will detect NCGS?

After taking my wife to the ER recently for what she thought was a heart attack which was, thankfully, only a hiatal hernia, that has left us with over a 10k hospital bill. Not sure how much insurance will cover yet and our money tree burned down years ago.

So disappointed that there’s still no test for NCGS.

My aches all seemed to have reached a pinnacle within a week or less last Thanksgiving. Is that how fast everyone else’s symptoms manifested as well? Thank you.

1 hour ago, xcalibr said:

But is going to chiropractor directly related to relieving abdominal pain? Thanks!

I can not say as I have never gone to one or researched the topic.    I would bet that an acupuncturist would be a better choice.  I found it helpful with pain management for a shoulder injury.  It allowed me to heal faster and to do all the things physical therapy therapist wanted me to do without using drugs.  But, finding the root cause of your pain is more important in the long run.  

it totally  depends on the cause.  if the pain in your abd is radiating from your back, then yes.  my mother  frequently went to a chiro, with severe osteoporosis, never broke anything.  Remember you need to be eating gluten to make the GI appointment worthwhile.