Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
3 3
Em97

What do these results mean?

Rate this topic

Hello. I am 20 and was recently diagnosed with hasimotoo's diese. In the round of blood work my endocrinologist did to find out what was going on with me, there was a celic diese panel. The results are attached. Could someone please explain to me what they mean? Thank you. ^_^

Screenshot_2017-05-21-01-25-41.png

What did e doctor say?  Those say that you have Celiac.  Did he refer you to a GI doctor?  That should usually be the next step.

Yep, those results mean you should get an appt with a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy.

Looks like you might be on your way to a celiac disease diagnosis.  As much as I like having easy access to medical records online, it can be unnerving to see results that are potentially scary or life altering.  You need to call your doctor and set up a GI appointment.  Until then, read some reliable celiac websites and learn about this autoimmune condition, testing and treatment.  

The University of Chicago has a vast website to read.  Here is a link and a place to start:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/if-my-positive-antibody-test-suggests-i-may-have-celiac-disease-how-do-i-find-out-for-sure/

This is IMPORTANT.....keep eating gluten.  Do not stop.  All the celiac tests require a person to be on gluten.  

Learn about the diet and tips on our thread Newbie 101 under the coping section.  Get to the library and read celiac books.  More knowledge will help you make better choices and you will feel better physically and emotionally.  

Hugs!  You will be okay.  This is one autoimmune disorder (unlike your Hashi's) that can be managed by food alone!  Yeah!  ?