Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
LilyR

Fully Cooked Bacon?

Rate this topic

I have two boxes of Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon (Original flavor) in my fridge that I bought before hearing I might have gluten issues.  I have been reading that most bacon is gluten-free.  This one being the pre-cooked kind, I didn't know if it was safe.  Does anyone here use it and have good luck with it?  There are a few ingredients I am not sure about.  On the package it says, " Cured with water, salt, sugar, sodium phosphates, sodium ascorbate, sodium nitrite."  

19 minutes ago, LilyR said:

I have two boxes of Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon (Original flavor) in my fridge that I bought before hearing I might have gluten issues.  I have been reading that most bacon is gluten-free.  This one being the pre-cooked kind, I didn't know if it was safe.  Does anyone here use it and have good luck with it?  There are a few ingredients I am not sure about.  On the package it says, " Cured with water, salt, sugar, sodium phosphates, sodium ascorbate, sodium nitrite."  

I use it sometimes.  I don't see any gluten in the ingredients

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if gluten hid in some of those weird phosphate and ascorbate ingredients. 

1 minute ago, LilyR said:

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if gluten hid in some of those weird phosphate and ascorbate ingredients. 

In the US and many other countries, wheat must be labelled.  chemicals would not be gluten.

Thanks.  That is good to know.