Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

I need an anti inflammatory gluten free brand. Or something like Tylenol. I am in pain and do not want to take heavy prescriptions. Anyone know what is gluten-free and if and how bad they are for digestion. Advil, Aleve, motrin or Tylenol. I know the NSAID's are the advil and aleve what do people prefer most. I know there are some of you out there with joint and bone pain.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

43 minutes ago, Jherm21 said:

I need an anti inflammatory gluten free brand. Or something like Tylenol. I am in pain and do not want to take heavy prescriptions. Anyone know what is gluten-free and if and how bad they are for digestion. Advil, Aleve, motrin or Tylenol. I know the NSAID's are the advil and aleve what do people prefer most. I know there are some of you out there with joint and bone pain.

Jherm21,

I just posted a similar question in another forum topic that might answer some of your questions.

I realized now this might be the better thread for the topic but since I was seeking the research on the BP medicine Losartan I posted it there instead.

In short NSAIDs as well as some other medicines have been associated with GI issues.

Here is a good overview of  the NSAIDs question form the DailyMail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2610158/Is-ibuprofen-making-sick-Research-suggests-cause-coeliac-disease.html

I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

Join eNewsletter

6 hours ago, Jherm21 said:

I take Aleve or the generic that I get at Wegmans. I haven't had any issues with it and only need to take one for relief. I should note that it is not something I take on a daily basis. I usually only need it a couple times a month.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

10 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

I take Aleve or the generic that I get at Wegmans. I haven't had any issues with it and only need to take one for relief. I should note that it is not something I take on a daily basis. I usually only need it a couple times a month.

Is Aleve better than ibuprofen? My back pain doesn't budge with 800 mg Motrin.

Join eNewsletter

2 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

Is Aleve better than ibuprofen? My back pain doesn't budge with 800 mg Motrin.

It works much better for me but everyone is different.  I have a physical job and sometimes get lower back pain. A hot shower and an Aleve will usually relieve it. It's worth your giving it a try.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

27 minutes ago, ravenwoodglass said:

It works much better for me but everyone is different.  I have a physical job and sometimes get lower back pain. A hot shower and an Aleve will usually relieve it. It's worth your giving it a try.

Thanks for letting me know. My back hurts all the time :( 

Join eNewsletter

20 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

Thanks for letting me know. My back hurts all the time :( 

Maybe you should have your back checked by a doctor, if the pain is constant and is not improving.  You could be developing another AI issue like Ankylosing Spondylitis.  At least consider trying to find the cause (compressions fractures, slipped disk, whatever).  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

30 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Maybe you should have your back checked by a doctor, if the pain is constant and is not improving.  You could be developing another AI issue like Ankylosing Spondylitis.  At least consider trying to find the cause (compressions fractures, slipped disk, whatever).  

Oh, I did.... was referred to pt which hasn't helped at all. My muscles are super tight and they supposedly are causing the back pain. No idea what originally caused the problem but it started a couple years ago and has just gotten worse.

Join eNewsletter

5 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

Oh, I did.... was referred to pt which hasn't helped at all. My muscles are super tight and they supposedly are causing the back pain. No idea what originally caused the problem but it started a couple years ago and has just gotten worse.

I wish you lived near here, I have the greatest massage therapist she does Swedish style, She can loosen up the stressed tight muscles wonderfully, I am prone to getting knots in my shoulders and neck, so I have to have them worked out once a month otherwise they start to limit mobility and hurt.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter