• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

kimber

Looking For Soy/dairy/gluten Free Recipes/foods?

Rate this topic

Hi ladies

I've had my 2 yr old son on a dairy/gluten and soy free diet for about a week now and I am AMAZED at the results...he is like a new little man!

His temperament has changed completely and NO more wild mood swings/horrific tantrums

I also have a 9 mnths old dd, so I am a little crunched for time and would love some ideas for any easy to prepare gluten, soy, dairy free meals/food

Also, if there any prepared foods that I could order on line (frozen foods, cookies (he'll eat anything that remotely resembles a cookie, cereal bars, crackers etc) when i'm in a bind and have little time

I also live by a WF and picked up d/s/Gluten-Free Ian chicken nuggets..I was SOOOO happy to find them because he loves tyson nuggets

BUT I have to admit they were AWFUL and rock hard...couldn't blame him for not wanting to eat them!

Thanks for any advice...cook book recs etc

Kim

Kimber,

My dd is on a dairy/gluten and soy free diet as well. Check out Enjoy Life products at http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/ Enjoy Life products are free of the eight top allergens.

In the beginning I found "The Allergy Self Help Cookbook" by Marjorie Hurt Jones, R.N. to be helpful. The recipes in her book are wheat free but a few of the recipes contain oats and other avoid grains.

I've been able to convert lots of recipes for my family. Feel free to PM me for any specific questions about recipes or food replacement ideas. :)

I got a cookbook for x-mas called Cooking Free - for people with multiple food allergies. Recipies are without soy (mostly), no gluten, dairy free, egg free and low or no sugar. Looks tasty!

I cook almost everything gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free (and egg-free). Our menu this month has Black bean soup, Curried Chicken (coconut milk instead of yogurt), Roast chicken, tacos, "Porcupine" meatballs, baked potatoes with toppings, Chicken and rice soup (homemade), Chicken Caesar salad, Lentil soup, Tostadas, Spaghetti and meatballs, Hamburgers, Chicken cooked in enchilada sauce, Fish and potatoes, Tamale pie, Chicken and noodles, BBQ chicken, Hotdogs, Chili, Stir-fried chicken, Mexican "lasagne", and Gr. Turkey stew. Side dishes are usually rice (flavored different ways), potatoes (mashed, boiled, etc.), sometimes rice bread with garlic butter, raw vegetables, salads, cooked vegies, apple slices, etc.

If you want any specific recipes from this list, please feel free to PM me. When I first eliminated the dairy, gluten and soy I thought it was going to be hard to find something to cook, but I usually just use Betty Crocker and modify ingredients. Things like tacos are still good without cheese and you can use rice milk or almond milk to replace dairy in almost everything.

Good luck!

Liz

you should check out the SCD diet, I know there is a webpage around somewhere with like 300 recipes, even though your child isn't on the diet, it is a gluten, soy, dairy, corn, ect. free diet.

*goes to look for link*

Oh here----->SCD Recipes

hope that helps some, it helped me a ton.

Well, my husb Dr called today and wants to do a biopsy and advised him to eat gluten again for the 2 weeks prior to the test. Why didn't he do the biopsy when he was 1st diagnosed? the only test my husb has had is the blood test.

Won't it be thrown off by eating gluten-free for the last month??

Much of Kinnikinnick is soy/dairy/gluten free. They have pizza crusts, donuts, and bagels and great bread. Just check the ingreds, but most is free of all those. Link at bottom of my sig.

Kimber ~ as you can see by my siggy... I cook free of many things <_<

My dd (7 years) also did not like the Ians Chicken Nuggets when we tried them several months ago. She does, however, really like Ian's Fish Sticks. I found a really great chicken nugget recipe and will go pull it out and type it for you. My kids say they are better than McDs! LOL, what a compliment! Anyway, I make a ton of them and freeze them in individual portions, then when I need them they are ready to go.

She also really likes the Enjoy Life "No Oats" cookies and the Newman's Own WF DF Newman Os when I don't have any time to make cookies.

I also rec enjoylife and namaste mixes--great blondies! www.namastefoods.com

I learned this recipe as a kid and it has come in handy lately.

PB cookies

1 c. Peanut Butter

1 egg

1 c. sugar ( I substitute 1/4 c. sugar and 3/4 c. splenda since my husband is diabetic and it works great)

mix, roll into balls and press out on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 mins at 375. I make 4 batches at once and am set for about 10 days. They're delicious and EASY and portable.