Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

3 3
emmelinejane

My symptoms for past few weeks

Rate this topic

I have been suffering from diarrhea and bowel issues all my life with zero explanation as of why. I'm also on the autism spectrum.

But as I await my celiac test results, I want to see if anyone else is going through the same thing in order to ease my anxiety.

I have been having severe diarrhea since quarantine started. So bad that it feels like pin needles poking around my intestines. I figured I just needed some bread in order to slow things down, and consumed lots of wheat. I then started feeling very dizzy every day, and as of now I can barely get out of bed because I feel so dizzy and fatigued. A blood test yesterday showed increased liver enzymes. I'm also having brain fog, memory trouble, and shaking muscle cramps.

I also have been having heart palpitations as well, either from this or my anxiety.
What do you guys think?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds like you might have celiac disease.  You want to get the celiac disease test panel, which checks several different type of antibodies.  After a positive celiac test panel, they schedule an endoscopy.  During the endoscopy they take 4 to 6 small bisopsy samples of the small intestine lining.  Those biopsies are sent to a lab for review.  If the biopsies show damage typical of celiac disease then you have celiac disease.  Often the endoscopy takes several months to get done.

You need to keep eating gluten until all the testing is done.  But you only need to eat about 1 slice of gluten bread a day.  In the meantime, if you want to feel better, cut out all dairy, sugar, and carbs.  Gluten is a protein in wheat, rye and barley.  When/if you go gluten-free, you should also cut out oats for 6 months.  Some people react to oats also.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

A lot of check marks of your symptoms match my own personal experience. 

Finish your testing and then if gluten is the confirmed as the issue. Go whole foods only in the early stages no processed including processed gluten-free.

Review all the 101 info on this site to truly be cc free, so you can heal asap.

Welcome and good luck on your healing journey.

Join eNewsletter