Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

3 3
joycesmith

Bifidobacterium treatment

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have not heard of this, but it probably would not hurt you.  Best bet is to avoid gluten at all costs.  For this who have DH (Dermatitis Herpetiformis/celiac rash ), they usually report that avoiding processed foods, even gluten free foods, is the best treatment.  They focus more on real whole food.   Do not eat out until you see relief and are willing to risk the rash.   Reducing iodine in your diet can also help with the rash (a careful balance as you need iodine in your diet).  

Please read through the DH section of the forum.  We have some very wise DH members who have good advice.  Long term dapsone use has some very serious side effects.  Make sure you are getting plenty of follow-up care.  Check your celiac antibodies again.  Maybe you are getting hidden amounts of gluten into your diet.   

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

While the bifido is one part of my probiotic, I do not find that the bifido/probiotic stops the rash from erupting. Although that's only my experience. I do find probiotics helpful to support my gi.

My last cc event the rash lasted 7 weeks. It was during my state's stay at home order. I could not get to my chiropractor/accupucturist which is part of my usual regime.

I do find some comfort with accupucture . In my experience I find probiotic containing bifido helpful for my gi and accupucture helpful for my rash.

Lastly avoiding gluten cc is most ideal of all. Pandemic shopping had been challenging for a bit.

Good luck 

Join eNewsletter