This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
how is bioset different from art? there's a bioset practitioner near me and i'm wondering if maybe they do art there as well, but how did the bioset turn out for you, was it a great help?

BioSET is totally different from ART. BioSET was helpful as far as giving us an idea of where to look...it gave me some important clues. It was no miracle as far as treatments but for this type of illness there is no one magic cure...it takes alot of work to reclaim your health.

I did alot of different things in addition to BioSET treatments. I cant really say what helped the most....I think it was a combination of things. By far chelation has brought the most noticeable improvement.

I think the most beneficial part of my BioSET treaments was the stuff to correct problems in my detox pathways. Unfortunately theres only a few practitioners who are trained for that. The treatments are for desensitizing you to various things which stress your immune system....things that you've become sensitive to.

For people who are extremely toxic and very reactive...like myself...you could probably do these treatments forever and not really be able to overcome all of the sensitivies. You have to treat the underlying issues which are causing all the toxicity in the first place.

The treatments helped reduce some of the stress...but not a cure by itself.

I didnt do alot of treatments for foods and things like that....because I didnt feel like I could really improve in that area until I was able to get rid of some metals and some infections.

ART is my favorite thing...its been very helpful to me. As far as testing it has been *the* most beneficial thing available to me...by far. I wouldnt trade it for all the tests in the world. :)

ART is autonomic response testing. A good practitioner can identify the major stressors in your body within minutes. You may have many issues and those will not all show up in one session...thats not how ART works.

Your body reveals things in layers...so your primary issues will show up first...whatever is causing the most stress at the time of testing. When you start treating those issues...the other issues that may have been "hidden" behind the bigger issues...will then show up.

My biggest issues were mercury and yeast...everything stayed the same in my first 3 sessions. Once I started chelation these got better...especially the yeast... then a parasite showed up.

Its no different with conventional testing. You might have Lyme and a few coinfections but you may test negative for everything until you start treating and reduce some of the load. Then all of a sudden you begin to test positive for things which were previously negative. That happens quite a bit.

Also with ART....once the issues are identified the practioner can then test all of the various treatment options to see which will work best for you. They can see which treatment would be most effective. Things are changing in the body constantly during treatment so what worked one week...may not be working the next. You might become sensitive to it or it may lose its effectiveness.

ART can guide you through it all...so that you have less pitfalls and setbacks.

BioSET involves treatment for things which the immune system has become reactive to. There is no actual treatment with ART....its a type of advanced muscle testing.

I know that I owe you a pm...I will have time tomorrow. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Where has Rachel been? Its been awhile

Mia...I'm still here! :)

I'm not going anywhere...you guys are stuck with me! :wub:

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea and Julie,

Do you guys make sure your shampoo, conditioner, etc. is all gluten free? I haven't bothered to really deal with that because it seems too daunting, lol. But since I am still off the charts for gluten, I am wondering if I need to get REALLY strict!? :unsure:

Yes we do.

You could be absorbing gluten through those.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Wow, Rachel, sorry about the IV! :(

Do you guys make sure your shampoo, conditioner, etc. is all gluten free? I haven't bothered to really deal with that because it seems too daunting, lol. But since I am still off the charts for gluten, I am wondering if I need to get REALLY strict!? :unsure:

I used to be very dilligent about all these things. I used NOTHING with gluten! It's surprising how many hairsprays have gluten. :blink: For two years, I was 100% gluten-free with EVERYTHING! So, yeah, I think this is where your problem is likely coming from. :)

miamia Rookie

Kassandra-

this is the test my doctor has wanted me to do for a while

iIve read about it sounds so amazing , but they don't do it in NY state for some reason. I finallly found someone to order it for me through my doc but it is so expensive.

Now I am considering doing it but you are not supposed to be on antibiotics when you do it and i don't want to stop antibiotics in the middle of the treatment. so now i don't know what to do

Rachel-

a similar thing has happened to me before with the iv sometimes the vein gets infiltrated and it stops taking the iv . So now every time something doesn't feel right I make them check it. I know i shjould not feel it because i usually do so any time something feels off I call a nurse over.

miamia Rookie
Wow, Rachel, sorry about the IV! :(

I used to be very dilligent about all these things. I used NOTHING with gluten! It's surprising how many hairsprays have gluten. :blink: For two years, I was 100% gluten-free with EVERYTHING! So, yeah, I think this is where your problem is likely coming from. :)

yes i am super careful about products i use. I always figure with food i have to be so careful and i still risk reaction there is no point in doing that with products where I don't even get the benefits of yumminess.

miamia Rookie
Mia...I'm still here! :)

I'm not going anywhere...you guys are stuck with me! :wub:

Good because I don't have enough money to fly to california and hunt you down if you every try to leave!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

Kassandra, I am also quite careful about personal products with gluten. When I removed them last year, there was a noted change for the better so I have tried to continue that. It has been hard since products in China are not labeled with the ingredients. I have had to search for imported items.

Now that I am here, I have to look for some, that's still on the to do list.

covsooze Enthusiast
No, no :lol: It's giving me e-coffee nightmares, lol. :lol:

Donna, there's no way on earth you'd get me doing an e-coffee....unless it was for, say,

AndreaB Contributor
Ladies - anyone find that aunt flo makes them feel really rough physically? I think I've been getting worse every month. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but since AF came to visit this month, I've felt really poorly - exhausted, painful glands. Do our monthly cycles make adrenal problems worse?

I'm always wiped out during the first part of the cycle and tired for the rest of it. I haven't figured out why, but I do have adrenal fatigue as well. I never really used to notice a difference in energy level though (in the past) so maybe that is part of it.

Green12 Enthusiast

Kass, yes, I also use all gluten-free body products, cosmetics, toiletries, etc.

It does seem overwhelming to change it all out, especially when you are so sick and don't have a lot of energy, but once you get everything and start using it it really does become routine.

Now I don't even give it a second thought.

Good to see you Rachel :)

I'm so glad everything continues to go well for you!

Your description of what happened with the IV sounds all too familiar. That happened to me a few times and it was very uncomfortable :wacko:

Green12 Enthusiast
Short update of my own. I had a BioSET appointment today...I'm at the point where I don't need to go that often, and we're done checking what they had me scheduled for, so now when I go in, they basically ask me what's going on healthwise, any complaints, issues, etc. So I told her (Denise) about my sinus infection.

She asked if I was having any other fungal symptoms, and I said I thought so because I've been having horrible itching, bloated belly, sinus issues and some other things, so she did the candida panel from the computer. TONS of stuff came up and sure enough my sinuses came up. TMJ came up and she asked if my jaw hurt...it has, but I told her it seemed connected to my ears...my ears hurt too...kind of like an ear infection. Sure enough, ears came up, lol.

So, I need to recommit myself to really sticking to the diet... I haven't been. :ph34r::ph34r:

Donna, it's a good thing you had this appt.!

Hopefully some of these nagging symptoms you have been experiencing will soon be a thing of the past :)

I'm with you on the diet :ph34r: , I have been struggling myself with a few things that I can't seem to give up.

Susie, I often have a flare of symptyms at the time of flow. More so in the past then currently, I just notice they are to a leeser degree now then they were before.

I think in my case, I have come a long way with getting my hormones in balance. When they were way out of whack I had more symptoms and my periods were very difficult to get through.

So many things are regulated by the hormones and when they are off it just throws everything else off.

Diet I also noticed would have an impact on what kind of period I would have. Dairy products seemed to make them worse, as well as the usual - processed junk. Cleaning up my diet made a difference.

covsooze Enthusiast

Hi Julie :)

The pre-menstral depression and anxiety was loads better this month, and I think that's largely to do with starting to clean up my diet, in particular, excluding the main dairy offender (won't take you much to guess what that one is lol ;) ).

How have you managed to sort out your hormones?

S x

dlp252 Apprentice
Yea, that's hard. I used to be the same way at school. I could never manage to stick to any diet there. When everyone was eating whatever they wanted, I would feel terrible and deprived if I was eating cucumbers at lunch instead of chips. LOL!

You know, when my head is in the right place it doesn't matter what's going on around me, and I would be able to stick to it even if a pile of chocolate were sitting in front of me...there's just something going on in my head that won't let this "click" for me this year. I've tried several times over the last few months and I just can't seem to stick to it and am not really sure how to make my head click. :lol:

Another sucky IV experience last night. :angry:

OMGosh, that sounds horrible!!!! Yikes...I'm glad the swelling went down.

Good because I don't have enough money to fly to california and hunt you down if you every try to leave!!!

Hey, I'm up for the task should it ever become necessary. :P

Donna, there's no way on earth you'd get me doing an e-coffee....unless it was for, say,
confusedks Enthusiast
Now I am considering doing it but you are not supposed to be on antibiotics when you do it and i don't want to stop antibiotics in the middle of the treatment. so now i don't know what to do

Yea, I did all the tests before I started any abx, so it was not a big deal. I don't know if I would want to get off of them for the test though. I don't remember it being really expensive, but I am probably just not remembering. Also, my mom paid. ;)

Everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I guess maybe I am getting glutened all the time? :unsure: I will try and figure out which products I have are gluten-free or not. It sucks though, because I am a HUGE cosmetic/hair stuff brat! My parents used to be in the hair industry so I am used to salon quality products, and most people on the board don't know about the gluten-free status of things. I guess I will try and call places. *sigh*

Donna,

Yea, I get it! It is really hard to do this! Last night I couldn't take it anymore, so I ate an apple with almond butter...but that's a far cry from driving to whole foods and buying a whole bag of cookies! :lol:

Susie,

When I actually got my period, I had AWFUL symptoms. I actually was REALLY bed-ridden for about a whole week around the time my flow started. My periods are one of my huge Lyme issues...they are awful. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Yea, I get it! It is really hard to do this! Last night I couldn't take it anymore, so I ate an apple with almond butter...but that's a far cry from driving to whole foods and buying a whole bag of cookies! :lol:

Okay, go ahead and bring up the cookie incident again! :lol: Sheesh, down a couple of packages of cookies and they never let you forget it. :lol::P

confused Community Regular
Okay, go ahead and bring up the cookie incident again! :lol: Sheesh, down a couple of packages of cookies and they never let you forget it. :lol::P

When did you go eat a couple of bags of cookies, im so ashamed lmao.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Sheeesh Donna....what were you thinking?? :P

Luckily I got self restraint and would NEVER think of doing such a thing! :lol::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
How have you managed to sort out your hormones?

Well, I did a lot of adrenal stuff and took progesterone and a bunch of other things I am totally drawing a blank on :lol:

I am sure there are a lot of different theories about what is going on, and it is different for everyone.

I just had a thought, my periods have become much smoother in the last year and a half or so since I have been on Corydalis Complex. I got this from my acupuncturist to treat my severe period cramping.

Pain in Chinese medicine is stagnant blood, the Corydalis has Chinese herbs in it that move blood chi, or blood energy, and move out all that stagnant old blood.

Also, my ART practitioner just gave me an oil/seed schedule designed to keep the cycle going smoothly. I believe it is from Christianne Northrop:

The first half of the cycle you take EPADHA sources (i.e. fish oil) and eat flax and pumkin seeds (day 1-14)

The second half you take GLA sources (borage, black currant oils) and eat sesame and sunflower seeds)

Okay, go ahead and bring up the cookie incident again! Sheesh, down a couple of packages of cookies and they never let you forget it.

:lol:

Donna, I do not judge you!!!

AndreaB Contributor
I've tried several times over the last few months and I just can't seem to stick to it and am not really sure how to make my head click. :lol:

Yeah, I hope so. I'm feeling better today!

I completely understand that.

Yeah on feeling better! :D

Love your new avatar! :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Luckily I got self restraint and would NEVER think of doing such a thing! :lol::lol:

Uuummmmmm, no comment. :huh::lol::lol::lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
When did you go eat a couple of bags of cookies, im so ashamed lmao.

Back in August...and maybe once in September. Okay, and maybe some stuff in October. :ph34r: Believe me when I say I am still paying for it too. Gained 10 pounds virtually overnight and haven't been able to get rid of them! (Oh, not to mention the stupid candida issues that have reared their ugly heads...gee wonder why I have such a problem!?)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Donna, I do not judge you!!!

Yay. :P

Love your new avatar! :)

It's brown. :( Maybe because I was wearing brown, against a brown background with brown hair? :unsure::lol: My teeth aren't their whitest, but heck they aren't THAT yellow. :lol: I don't think they are at least. :lol: I will try again next weekend when I'll try to wear something MUCH LIGHTER, lol.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Uuummmmmm, no comment. :huh::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Yeah...maybe instead of saying "I got self restraint"....I should have said "I got BROWNIES!!" :lol::lol:

I think I'm the queen of indulgence. :P

I pretty much attacked the fresh homemade brownies that were in Michelle's office yesterday. :ph34r:

Last year when I tried that she yanked the brownie out of my mouth before I could get a second bite! This time she didnt stop me...I've been able to eat things without having any symptoms. :D

Well...she did tell me to stop eating them about 7 times...but that was only because I was eating ALL of them. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I havent had any bad side effects from Alinia...so far its been ok.

I think its doing something but I havent seen any "evidence" of my pet cobra yet. He was evicted as of yesterday but so far he hasnt left. Stupid stubborn worm. :angry:

A few hours after my first pill I had burning all over my upper body...face, eyes, tongue, head, shoulders, back and arms. I havent had that in a long time.

I always think of the burning as being caused by mobilized metals but I think toxins in general make my skin burn like that. I also had itchiness all over...like pin-pricks.

I took charcoal and it all disappeared. Yay for charcoal! :D

I've taken 3 pills now...none of those symptoms returned but today I'm REALLY tired...slept almost the whole day away! I'm still tired. :huh:

I just woke up and my lower back hurts alot...my whole left side from the waist down is hurting. :huh:

I've been to the restroom several times today which is unusual for me...but I still feel clogged up. I think I'm gonna have to do a warm water e. I think I'm too blocked up and thats why my lower back/kidneys hurt.

Theres lots of rumbling going on in my tummy. I think the alien baby is VERY upset. :unsure:

confusedks Enthusiast

LOL! NO, that's not what I meant at all! I meant I used to buy whole bags of cookies and eat them all!!! LOL! I reachel almost EVERYTHING I eat! :lol::P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ladies - anyone find that aunt flo makes them feel really rough physically? I think I've been getting worse every month. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but since AF came to visit this month, I've felt really poorly - exhausted, painful glands. Do our monthly cycles make adrenal problems worse?

S x

I don't, but my LLMD was surprised my monthly flare ups have nothing to do with my menstrual cycle. I think the hormonal cycles in our body can cause our symptoms to vary.

I am used to salon quality products, and most people on the board don't know about the gluten-free status of things. I guess I will try and call places. *sigh*

I find they're usually labeled pretty well. I might be able to tell you what is gluten-free as I use salon products .... but it depends on if we use the same ones.

Archived