This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

aprilh Apprentice
April,

I know you asked a while ago what other minerals my ionic magnesium has in it. It has: chloride, sodium (very little, though), potassium (again, very little), sulfate, and boron.

Yes, that is what is in mine. I can hardly stomach it! UGH! It taste so awful? Do you mix it with anything to make it taste better? I am not picky at all and drink yucky things all the time, but this is REALLY bad!

Sorry about your parents - that can be so frustrating!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice
Has anyoe used the parasite stool test threw genova, i want to get my stepson tested for parasites and i found this one for 202 bucks. I was going to have him get tested threw my nd, but she is no longer in the state i live in and i am having a hard time finding out were she went.

Carla

Im glad u are working again. Next week im starting to teach p.e. at my kids school. It is only once an week but im really excited.

sherry,

thanks for the advice for my uncles brother. He is coming over after work and i will talk to him more then.

paula

I am pretty sure you can go on Genova's website or Diagnos Techs website and find a physician that way. Might lead you to a new doc or ND in your area familiar with that type thing.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Thanks for the support everyone. :wub: I just sent off emails to 4 doctors on the referral list at neuraltherapy.com. :)

April,

I just put it in a little water (2-4oz), chug it back fast, and then have a huge glass of water handy to wash away the taste. :little pukie green face: I had to take liquid St. John's Wort for a long while, so I think I just got used to drinking gross stuff. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla

Im glad u are working again. Next week im starting to teach p.e. at my kids school. It is only once an week but im really excited.

That sounds fun!

I didn't used to work .... just volunteer stuff, but I actually had a lot of responsibility in my volunteer work, LOL. I feel like I need to get my brain working a little more than it is.

I did the Genova stool test. I did it through my LLMD, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I can tell you it's really gross if you spill the tube while you're mixing it. :littlegreenpukeyguy:

Rpm999 Contributor

horray, i found somebody near me that does the saliva test for adrenal glands, hair analysis for heavy metals & some salvia test for parasites i think? some gastro related saliva test...are all of those good in your opinion? cause i'm curious to know about adrenals...i got this from the diagnos techs website, can't find where references are on genova, i think i'm blind :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
Thanks for the support everyone. :wub: I just sent off emails to 4 doctors on the referral list at neuraltherapy.com. :)

YAY....hope this works out!!!

I did the Genova stool test. I did it through my LLMD, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I can tell you it's really gross if you spill the tube while you're mixing it. :littlegreenpukeyguy:

Yeah, I could insert a few OTHER gross things regarding this test too. :P

dlp252 Apprentice
horray, i found somebody near me that does the saliva test for adrenal glands, hair analysis for heavy metals & some salvia test for parasites i think? some gastro related saliva test...are all of those good in your opinion? cause i'm curious to know about adrenals...i got this from the diagnos techs website, can't find where references are on genova, i think i'm blind :lol:

Sounds good! I had my adrenals tested by saliva, and hair analysis for metals (just be aware that a negative may not necessarily be a negative). My parasite test was a stool test.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rpm999 Contributor

yeah i plan to get a provoked urine test as well just in case, hopefully that's something any doctor can do...though i need to find a great all around doctor...right now i think it's best to find everything out and go with the best approach, i think i'm being smart by not drugging myself up and making it even more confusing....BioSET, ART, and a knowledgeable doctor or two is what i need i think, even before being sick i was always an herbal believer and just had too many bad medicine reactions and terrible doctors to stick with going around that route, it's all a money game

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hair analysis is good. Howver, if mercury is an issue...that most likely wont show up on the hair analysis. You would have to loook at the essential minerals for clues on that. If the Dr. looks at the results and dismisses mercury without looking at the minerals..then he's not all that knowledgable about mercury toxicity. Provoked urine challenge is probably the best method of testing.

Most likely your adrenals are stressed....its pretty much a given with chronic illness. Its a symptom that the body is under alot of stress.

I'm not sure about saliva tests for parasites. I have no experience with the saliva tests but as with any type of parasite testing...a negative doesnt rule them out. I think the parasites are pretty much a given...they're a problem for most.

Most of the population has parasites but those of us who are sick really need to address them in order to take some of that burden off of the immune system. Alot of these issues are found in healthy people...Lyme, mercury, parasites, etc...however, once a person has reached their threshold and the immune system can no longer deal with it....everything needs to be addressed for the best chance of full recovery.

Does this Dr. know how to treat heavy metal toxicity?? Or Lyme?? If not...I would still look for a Dr. who can run all the tests and also treat you for whatever your issues may be. Just treating adrenals or parasites isnt likely going to be all you need....those care most likely both symptoms of a larger problem.

If you can afford to have these tests and then also see an LLMD...then I say go for it. Otherwise I'd try to see an LLMD for more thorough testing to try to get to the root of your illness.

Rpm999 Contributor
Hair analysis is good. Howver, if mercury is an issue...that most likely wont show up on the hair analysis. You would have to loook at the essential minerals for clues on that. If the Dr. looks at the results and dismisses mercury without looking at the minerals..then he's not all that knowledgable about mercury toxicity. Provoked urine challenge is probably the best method of testing.

Most likely your adrenals are stressed....its pretty much a given with chronic illness. Its a symptom that the body is under alot of stress.

I'm not sure about saliva tests for parasites. I have no experience with the saliva tests but as with any type of parasite testing...a negative doesnt rule them out. I think the parasites are pretty much a given...they're a problem for most.

Most of the population has parasites but those of us who are sick really need to address them in order to take some of that burden off of the immune system. Alot of these issues are found in healthy people...Lyme, mercury, parasites, etc...however, once a person has reached their threshold and the immune system can no longer deal with it....everything needs to be addressed for the best chance of full recovery.

Does this Dr. know how to treat heavy metal toxicity?? Or Lyme?? If not...I would still look for a Dr. who can run all the tests and also treat you for whatever your issues may be. Just treating adrenals or parasites isnt likely going to be all you need....those care most likely both symptoms of a larger problem.

If you can afford to have these tests and then also see an LLMD...then I say go for it. Otherwise I'd try to see an LLMD for more thorough testing to try to get to the root of your illness.

well, the doctor is an herbalist and it sounded like she knows a lot...but i'm not rushing until talking with other doctors and having the testing i need....i went to an LLMD and he wasn't that good, but maybe it was a bad day or something....but his plan is just tons of antibiotics it seemed and with other issues going on, that won't do much, especially since antibiotics never really work for me...but since it's so much, i want to know some other things before i speak with him again....i think ART would be great like i said because i want to see what the most strain is on my body....like you, i wanted/want to see if lyme is overpowering or just sitting around...definately need to get CD57 as well, just like donna said in a post before, it's like you're running around in circles and just NEED to find out what's overpowering....like you said aps0, you can't really get rid of parasites and things like that until metals are down, and it's all layers but to avoid more problems with how much is going on, i want to peal them off in the right order...right now i'm pretty much trying to find out all the good things to get tested and find out who can...obviously i can post my results here too cause let's face it, any doctor can make mistakes too, it's just human...i learn new things here everyday so i'm trying to get it all straight and see the proper people...the LLMD thing is a problem, but i hear he's great so maybe it was a bad day...he didn't really test for anything, but other people say he did, maybe because of the insurance problem at the moment but i'll just have to talk with him and find out about it all...i just don't even feel like driving an hour away for nothing so i want to find out first....even if not, my goal is to get some of this alternative testing and find the underlying causes...i still need to see a gastro because the whole things that weekended my body was a strange intense swallowing attack and i have swallowing/breathing issues cause of it on top of everything so that'll definately need to be checked out...and who knows, that attack definately caused some type of infection/problem because it was so long and intense, with bial and my body flipping out so...that right there could be a little underlying problem because i still have no answers with that and i HIGHLY doubt such a long, complex attack didn't poison my system a bit

Green12 Enthusiast
I'll add in as I use it regularly. It reduces my lyme symptoms/herx symptoms. Most recently I have been taking 2-3 when I wake up in the middle of the night, or even set an alarm to get up and take it. Now, Dr. E. wants me to take 3 at bedtime. I also take it again if I start to have symptoms. Just keep it away from other meds/supplements. (I try for 2 hours on either side, but that is hard in the daytime.)

Sherry

I meant to ask you Sherry what the dosage for your charcoal caps, or mg per cap.

Mine are 280 mg per cap and a dosage of two.

Just trying to figure out if I can go up to 3.

aprilh Apprentice

I am excited! I just got an email reply and there is a practioner in Asheville that does LED. That's about 2 hours from me and both my parents have houses in Lake Lure which is 30 minutes from Asheville. So, I can stay there when I go up for the treatments. I gotta see how much it costs but I think/hope that might jump start some detoxing.

AndreaB Contributor

Sounds really good April! :D

Rpm999 Contributor

Open Original Shared Link

that wouldn't have to be related to this LED thing would it? that's the place i'm talking about near me

Green12 Enthusiast

Good news April :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
that wouldn't have to be related to this LED thing would it? that's the place i'm talking about near me

LED is Laser Energetic Detoxification. First you are tested (energetically) for numerous toxins....LED treatments start a process in which your body begins detoxing these substances more readily.

The laser treatments on the site are a different type of treatment.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Yay April!! :D

I'm really excited for you!!

mftnchn Explorer
I meant to ask you Sherry what the dosage for your charcoal caps, or mg per cap.

Julie, I have two kinds here with me...I have had several bottles that I bought at various times, and didn't really pay attention. One is called Good N Natural, and it is 260 mg per capsule, and the other is Nature's Way, and it is 280 mg per capsule. So my dose is 3 in the evening, and I can also take extra when I need it for symptoms.

I think this is one supplement that is pretty forgiving, more just absorbs more.

It is so super that it is helping you so much! Now if you can just get at what is making you so toxic.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Hi everyone,

I've been reading along but not able to post very much, there's so much going on for me right now. Today was a challenging day...repairmen here all morning, computer issues, lost my car keys just before my trip to the doctor and had to call a friend to take me :unsure: only to find my keys where I had looked 6 times already. Stupid brain fog. Then I got poked twice for blood, and they got the samples, but the needle infiltrated when they started to inject something (for a test?? I am confused), so they had to quit and I'll come back next week for the IVs and stuff. Then I got an allergic reaction to the small amount that they HAD injected. So all in all, a rough day!

I'll post another with my update from my LLMD appointment today.

mftnchn Explorer

Okay, anyway here's the brief update from my LLMD (Dr. G) visit: He works with Dr. Amy though he doesn't know Dr. E., and says if the ART indicates it, that's what he will go by. He won't do more lyme testing because he thinks the ART is more accurate than the labs for lyme anyway.

Treatment will follow Dr. E's suggestions mostly. He is rechecking my liver enzymes, and if okay, I am to switch from Zithromax to Levaquin to try to get at the bartonella. He is concerned that the herbals won't quite be enough. After a course of L, then I'll go back to the Zith.

Also he wants me to try MSM, as apparently loading up with sulfur (I think I understand that right) may have a really good impact on the problems that I have with phenols in foods. He is puzzled that I have had positive responses to elimination diets, but ASYRA shows I am okay on foods except phenols.

Also, he wants to try the DMPS by IV while I am here, and then perhaps switch to an intramuscular to do when I am overseas. There is another IV thing I think he will do too, but I am just brain fogging out here. I think it was something that is given along with the DMPS to enhance its effectiveness. It apparently has minute amounts of soy--but other people who are soy sensitive have tolerated it just fine. I didn't have a severe allergic response, but he said he won't use that again.

I am doing a series of tests, and brought home my little orange jug that we all know so well. He's checking levels of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, liver enzymes, that's what I remember.

As far as my LLMD is concerned, I am celiac. He said no gluten challenge, but at some point we may be able to challenge the soy and milk. I am to repeat the Enterolab fat absorption test to see what is happening.

I managed to go up one drop on my andrographis drops today, so progress there. Next I'll try going up on the ASYRA drops to see if I can figure out which is causing symptoms.

Sorry I am not posting much but I am reading along and you are in my thoughts.

Rpm999, it would help me a lot if your posts were broken into shorter paragraphs. My brain fogginess makes the one solid paragraph harder to take in. Is anyone else like that on here? If its just me--feel free to ignore that suggestion! Hope you can find the doctor that is right for you soon.

Sherry

AndreaB Contributor

Sherry,

Sorry for the rough day. :(

You're appointment sounds good overall though. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks Andrea. Yes, I think I am on the right track. Some more intensity with going after the bugs and metals, and the ART to help guide it along.

Oh, Dr. G was quite interested in the Humaworm as well.

miamia Rookie

Just trying to figure out if I can go up to 3.

julie what brand do you use

CarlaB Enthusiast
Rpm999, it would help me a lot if your posts were broken into shorter paragraphs. My brain fogginess makes the one solid paragraph harder to take in. Is anyone else like that on here? If its just me--feel free to ignore that suggestion! Hope you can find the doctor that is right for you soon.

Sherry

I totally and completely used to be like that! I would sometimes quote the post, break it up, and repost it so that I could read it. Otherwise I had to skip it completely (which I did a lot of because reposting seems so obnoxious, lol!).

Sorry for your rough day! I can totally relate to the car keys fiasco. For a good laugh, I'll tell you what happened to me a couple months ago ....

I was at Kroger (the big grocery chain here ... they are there, too, just called something different). I had my purse on my shoulder, reached in and put my keys is, bought three things, paid, and no keys. I emptied my purse (at least five times), I rewalked the store looking on the shelves and under the shelves. No keys.

Finally, a Kroger employee drove me home (we've lived here a year, but I've been sick the whole time, so didn't have anyone to call), I got the other set, she took me back and I drove home.

Later, my daughter was looking in my purse and my keys were there! There was a little pocket that was so hidden that I didn't even find it or feel the keys when I had emptied my purse!

So, later I told the employee of Kroger that I found them in my purse, and she wondered how that was since I had emptied it! :redembarrassedemoticon: :lol:

Oh, yeah, we've all had those days! And when one thing happens, things seem to pile up on it!

I hope the Levaquin works well for you. Twelve weeks, and I was feeling great!

dlp252 Apprentice
I've been reading along but not able to post very much, there's so much going on for me right now. Today was a challenging day...repairmen here all morning, computer issues, lost my car keys just before my trip to the doctor and had to call a friend to take me :unsure: only to find my keys where I had looked 6 times already. Stupid brain fog. Then I got poked twice for blood, and they got the samples, but the needle infiltrated when they started to inject something (for a test?? I am confused), so they had to quit and I'll come back next week for the IVs and stuff. Then I got an allergic reaction to the small amount that they HAD injected. So all in all, a rough day!

Heinous day! I'm so sorry! It sounds like you had a good appointment though (except for the reaction, lol).

Yeah, I have to admit it still helps me if they're broken down a little. Doesn't have to be one-liners, but just in smaller blocks.

Archived