This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Well I'm done with chelation....for a couple weeks anyway. I seriously doubt I'm anywhere near being done but I cant continue until Dr. S. takes a look at my latest urinalysis and decides how we will proceed.

I collected urine last night and I pray that my results are back before I see Dr. Amy on the 24th. Usually the results come in fairly quickly but the nurse was saying as of right now they've been taking about 3 weeks.

I'm scheduled to see Dr. S. to go over the results on the 21st...and then I can share everything with Amy on the 24th. If the results arent in I'll have to hold off on seeing Dr. S. and I wont be able to show Amy the latest results.

I have no idea how the results are gonna look but I'm guessing still bad as far as the minerals go.

Hopefully there will be some improvement since I've increased my mineral IV's a ton since my last test. I'm on level 5 with the trace minerals...the highest is level 6. I'm getting quite a bit with my IV's now but unfortunately because of the increase I'm sitting there for 3 hours and still not able to finish the IV by closing time. If they speed the IV up at all I start reacting to the magnesium...I need the slow drip or its too much too fast which causes numbness in my lips and mouth.

The nurses all say that I'm doing beautifully with the DMPS. Its pretty amazing how well I've done with the chelation considering how little I tolerate as far as everything else goes. My body is just having no problems with my current dose.

The nurse said that even though Dr. S. was not planning on ever increasing my dose he may rethink this because of how well I've done. She says that my body may do just as well on a higher dose and it may be what my body needs to dump higher amounts of these metals.

Thats something I'll definately talk to Amy about. Hopefully she can test me and see if a higher dose would be better for me. I really want to have those urine results in because if for some reason there is not much coming out I know that my ART session will let us know if the metals are still a huge stressor.

If I'm not excreting mercury I'm betting that ART will show that I still have a big problem with it. Then we can at least try to figure out what my body needs to help release it.

My gut problems are still my biggest concern and I'm not noticing much improvement even after getting back on the ketotifen. I'm still feeling pretty good so long as I stay very careful about what I eat. Food chemicals are causing the most inflammation/symptoms and I'm anxious to talk to Amy about this to see if this is something that can definately resolve once the metals/toxins/infections are cleared from my gut.

Something was definately helping me a couple months back when I was eating more foods. It may have been the Keto but its not having the same benefit right now. The only other thing that happened was that I ran out of my Armour in early Jan. and totally lagged on getting my refill. :rolleyes:

I felt like I was fine not taking any thyroid meds...so I went for more than 3 weeks w/out. :o Yeah....this was NOT a good idea...esp. for someone who's had their thyroid ablated.

So I'm thinking that my digestive issues and sensitivities may have gotten worse once I stopped having the thyroid meds in my system. It would have caused my body temp. to go down which would worsen my sensitivities...and probably made enzyme function even more impaired.

I'm working on building that back up but I'm disappointed in myself for even letting it go for as long as I did. I got tunnel vision again and whenever I do that I tend to ignore other things which are equally important in the overall picture.

Lesson learned...again. :rolleyes:

I'll have alot more to report in a couple weeks but for the past several weeks I've just been continuing with my IV's and nothing new to report. I've had some problems with the mineral IV's the past couple months...for some reason the IV will stop....either because of my blood clotting or because of the needle coming out of my vein. Its a big pain to have to have the IV pulled out and then started somewhere else....also I have more tenderness in my arm for days after the IV.

This was not happening at all the first couple months so I'm wondering if this can also be a result of my lack of thyroid and impaired circulation. I'll have to see if it improves in the weeks to come as my thyroid levels go back up.

Last Friday night I went out to a bar and danced for the first time in over 3 years! :D

I obviously didnt drink but it didnt bother me at all and I still had a great time...it was alot of fun and little by little I find myself less afraid to participate instead of staying home. I know that I'm doing better as far as that goes. There is always the concern of reacting to perfumes and such but as long as I eat "safely" I can go have fun w/out being so sensitive. I was in a crowded lounge/bar all night and did not have any problems. :)

The party was for my boss who quit and is moving away. Dave was there (for those of you who remember). I hadnt talked to him much the past year but we chatted and got caught up. He was wondering if Rachelville still existed. It does but its calmed down quite a bit since he was around. :P

I got a new boss to get used to now. I already know him but never worked w/ him. Lots of changes going on lately...everything is good in my life....I just need to fix my gut so I can eat more foods!

I dont think Cobra is the reason for my weight losses in the past. I think the salicylates and other intolerates are the biggest factor as far as that goes. I notice more serious inflammation/damage from the salicylates than from any other food chemical...next on the list for me would be amines.

Heres some info. about that even though I know its been discussed alot here in this thread.

A Word about Histamine and Amine Intolerance

People who are salicylate intolerant are also likely to develop an Amine Sensitivity or Histamine Intolerance. Histamine and the similar amine substances occur naturally in a variety of foods. They especially develop from the breakdown of protein and fermentation that occurs during food processing.

Therefore, fermented products such as alcohol and some cheeses are especially high in amines. Also, meats that have been cooked too long or are not fresh can be very high in amines.

Symptoms of Histamine or Amine Sensitivity include (but are not limited to) flushing, sweating, increased heart rate and palpitations, fall in blood pressure, fainting, asthma, tissue swelling, headaches, migraines, itching, rashes, hives, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and tingling/itching/burning in the mouth.

Amines have the ability to affect the width of blood vessels therefore causing a variety of circulation problems. As you can see some of the symptoms of amine intolerance are similar to salicylate intolerance. In fact around 70% of foods that are high in salicylate are also high in amines.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Heres a list of the symptoms caused by salicylates and food chemicals....the ones highlighted are the ones I get simply from eating the wrong foods. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good but EXTREMELY limited in food choices.

The symptoms can get REALLY bad if I'm not careful so obviously I want to do whatever it takes to try to improve this situation.

Physical Symptoms:

Rpm999 Contributor

i'm wondering if i should see an internal medicine physician to get some tests, it's high rated and right down the street from me...i swear i've heard them mentioned here, but nonetheless they seem like they look at the whole picture of things

mftnchn Explorer

Hey, everyone. A quick hi, I just caught up reading. Life is pretty crazy right now. I am putting everything together for my last appointment with Dr. E next week, and sorting through and ordering meds and supplements.

Birdy, just one idea--maybe test for the h pylori via ART or something? I take mastica for that, and right now a low dosage is enough to manage it.

Sherry

confusedks Enthusiast

I'm back home! :D:)

My flight wasn't delayed much at all. Well, the one from Cincinnati to Salt Lake. The one from Salt Lake to LA was pretty delayed though. Oh well, I made it home. ;)

I'm exhausted. I was very crabby today towards people when I was in the airport. I don't know what my deal was, I just wanted to get home. I was tired of people in my space bubble. LOL! ;):lol:

Anyway, I have an appt tomorrow with Dr H so I will send an update when I can. It might be a while though because I will be very tired afterwards.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

CarlaB Enthusiast

RPM, I don't know ..... depends on the doctor.

Kassandra, I'm glad you made it home! I watched the internet to see what time you took off and it looked like you left late .... I was worried you'd miss the flight from Denver. What a long day it was for you! All the stress of not being able to get out of here probably wore you down, too! If you were grumpy, you did great when you were still with us, LOL.

Nyxie63 Apprentice
I don't think so.

Phooey! Oh well. Have to make a "town run" today anyway. As long as I'm out, will head down to Gary's (the local health food/nutritional uber-center) and see what they have in the way of smoothies. Need to stop there anyway as I'm out of Bcomplex.

I'm back home! :D:)

My flight wasn't delayed much at all. Well, the one from Cincinnati to Salt Lake. The one from Salt Lake to LA was pretty delayed though. Oh well, I made it home. ;)

I'm exhausted. I was very crabby today towards people when I was in the airport. I don't know what my deal was, I just wanted to get home. I was tired of people in my space bubble. LOL! ;):lol:

Anyway, I have an appt tomorrow with Dr H so I will send an update when I can. It might be a while though because I will be very tired afterwards.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

Glad you made it home safely! Don't blame you for being a grumpy-pants. That's a long day! Get some rest and let us know how the appt goes. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Phooey! Oh well. Have to make a "town run" today anyway. As long as I'm out, will head down to Gary's (the local health food/nutritional uber-center) and see what they have in the way of smoothies. Need to stop there anyway as I'm out of Bcomplex.

Have you challenged casein? Enterolab said I was casein intolerant .... I stopped dairy for six months with no change, so went back on it, also with no change. I know some are really intolerant, but I wouldn't rely 100% on the testing to determine whether you are or not.

Of course, now might not be the right time to challenge it. ;)

Nyxie63 Apprentice

I wasn't tested for it, I challenged it during the elimination diet. Both lactaid and regular diary make me ill (cramping, bloating, constipation). It's not as bad as it could be, but is something I'd rather avoid.

I even went as far as to try raw goat's milk yogurt, thinking I could get away with that. But no. While there were less problems, I still reacted. Apparently, my body just doesn't like any kind of dairy.

mftnchn Explorer

I'm suspicious that the dairy isn't agreeing with me either since I went back on it. I'm going to see if ART picks it up as problematic this week.

I was feeling pretty good but not the latter part of this week. Passing undigested food again, plus more pain and fatigue.

Also I had a Meyer's mixture IV (B's) and magnesium as well after my doctor appointment. Has anyone here gotten worse after having those?

Sherry

Green12 Enthusiast

Hiya Rachel! Are you back to eating beef and peas then?

Kass, glad you are home safe! Did you have a layover in Denver? If I would have known I could have come and kept you company :lol:

Rest up and good luck with your appt tomorrow, looking forward to an update!

Nyxie, my ART lady wants me to eventually do whey smoothies and I had asked her if that was ok with a casein intolerance. She said for some people with casein intolerance whey isn't a problem, but I need to talk to her more about that and get more info.

RPM, imo the tests you get should depend on who you are going to be working with. They are the ones who will be interpreting the test results and devising a protocol from there.

I'm suspicious that the dairy isn't agreeing with me either since I went back on it. I'm going to see if ART picks it up as problematic this week.

I was feeling pretty good but not the latter part of this week. Passing undigested food again, plus more pain and fatigue.

Also I had a Meyer's mixture IV (B's) and magnesium as well after my doctor appointment. Has anyone here gotten worse after having those?

Sherry

Hi Sherry, when do you leave again?

Not sure about the symptoms being caused by the B IVs, I haven't had any experience with those.

I have problems with dairy even though I don't test allergic/intolerant to it, and it never shows up as being problematic on any energetic testing either. I just think for me, there are other properties in the dairy that cause my system to be sluggish (and therefor I feel sluggish). Dairy is also very mucous forming and that creates an environment that the bugs and beasties really thrive.

Hope this week isn't too stressful and you get everything done that you need to :)

AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

Glad you made it back safely. :) What an ordeal.

Sherry,

I don't know what dairy you are having but we've been doing fairly well on the raw cheeses. Haven't tried anything else dairy as I haven't seen them at Whole Foods. Don't know if raw dairy is available over yonder though.

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra, I'm glad you made it home! I watched the internet to see what time you took off and it looked like you left late .... I was worried you'd miss the flight from Denver. What a long day it was for you! All the stress of not being able to get out of here probably wore you down, too! If you were grumpy, you did great when you were still with us, LOL.

I actually didn't have a layover in Denver. It was strange. I just stopped in Salt Lake City then went to LA. :) My flight from Salt Lake was delayed about an hour, but I still got home earlier than I thought....actually an hour earlier.

I'm off to my appt.! :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
I actually didn't have a layover in Denver. It was strange. I just stopped in Salt Lake City then went to LA. :) My flight from Salt Lake was delayed about an hour, but I still got home earlier than I thought....actually an hour earlier.

I'm off to my appt.! :D

That is so odd!

Can't wait to hear about your appt!

dlp252 Apprentice

Hello everyone...I've been reading along too, but it's been so danged busy at work I can't post much. I'm at work now, just waiting for the onslaught of work that supposed to be happening...I've been here for 2 hours so far and not one single thing from these guys. I just KNOW they're going to wait until I'm ready to go home to give it to me.

I had some appointments on Friday with my HN doctors. I saw the internist who is the one who has been testing me for adrenal/neurotransmitters. This was just a follow-up but we discussed a couple of things. My really low blood pressure and body temp is back. :( She wants me to NOT drink too much water, and wants me to eat more salt, lol. I told her if I eat any more salt, I'll pickle myself. :lol:

Anyway, she is retesting me for the neurotransmitter/adrenal stuff just to see where we are, and she's also testing me for the bacterial stuff (yay, my friend the stool test is back). :lol:

Then I saw the physical therapist. Um, this was the most excrutiatingly painful session I've ever had. He barely touched my back and it sent me to tears. He was just amazed that usually he can burrow his elbow into me with no problem, but the thumb was causing major pain.

Then I saw the chiropractor. Told him about the painful PT session, and the pain in my neck has been worse too. He asked me what I'm doing differently, but I couldn't think of anything except the detox and lyme stuff Anna put me on. I did tell him it was busier at work and in life in general because of the refinancing, etc. (the pain in my neck is on the left side). When I sleep on my right side, it sometimes causes bad pain in the left side of my neck. He asked what I do with my left hand...the only thing I do is carry my purse on my left shoulder. So, he wants me to NOT carry my purse on the left side, and he wants me to use a pillow to support my left arm when I sleep on my right side (so it doesn't stretch down to the bed).

So, my condo closed tomorrow, and I should be funded by the end of the week. Once that happens I can pay off my stupid bills, then hopefully save some money pretty quickly to get the carpet out.

That's it for me until Saturday...I have another BioSET appointment on Saturday.

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel I forgot to mention about Dave, or The Dave, he entered Rachelville at such a fun time, we all had so many laughs. I have so many good memories of that summer on the thread.

Also, I hope you get your test results back in time so everything lines up with your appts with your Dr and Amy. Looking forward to hearing how all that goes :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Donna, thanks for the update I was wondering how you day of appts went. I knew about the painful PT that you pasted about in the EM thread, but not the ones with your Drs.

Sorry things are so crazy at work, and then the stress of your condo refinancing, it could very well be why you have an increase in pain in those areas. You are probably holding your body tight.

Boo on the blood pressure and body temp, did they give you any idea what that could be from?

dlp252 Apprentice
Boo on the blood pressure and body temp, did they give you any idea what that could be from?

It's probably adrenals. The lyme is also affecting my thyroid (so ART has said the two times I was tested), but the thryoid tests normal. So, that's why she wants to retest me...she's thinking the adrenals are not up to where they should be yet.

I didn't feel well the last 2-3 weeks and a few times thought I had a fever...when I took my temp it was 95.6, and this was when I was up and about...not just after waking up. :(

AndreaB Contributor
Hello everyone...I've been reading along too, but it's been so danged busy at work I can't post much. I'm at work now, just waiting for the onslaught of work that supposed to be happening...I've been here for 2 hours so far and not one single thing from these guys. I just KNOW they're going to wait until I'm ready to go home to give it to me.

You're at work today!!! :o

That is so strange that your temp is so far back down again. I hope the tests show something for you. I'll be waiting for an update on bioset as well.

Yay on the refinanca! :D It will be good to be able to get money together for replacing the carpet. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
You're at work today!!! :o

Yep...almost 4 hours now and still not a single piece of work. :angry:

Green12 Enthusiast
It's probably adrenals. The lyme is also affecting my thyroid (so ART has said the two times I was tested), but the thryoid tests normal. So, that's why she wants to retest me...she's thinking the adrenals are not up to where they should be yet.

I didn't feel well the last 2-3 weeks and a few times thought I had a fever...when I took my temp it was 95.6, and this was when I was up and about...not just after waking up. :(

I have the same picture, lyme, thyroid, adrenals. What are you taking for adrenals again?

My thyroid always tests normal on conventional tests too :rolleyes:

dlp252 Apprentice
I have the same picture, lyme, thyroid, adrenals. What are you taking for adrenals again?

My thyroid always tests normal on conventional tests too :rolleyes:

I'm taking so many things, I've lost track of what is for what, lol. I think all the Neurosciences stuff I'm taking either directly or indirectly supports adrenal and neurotransmitters.

I think I'm taking the B12 injections (which I've forgotten two weeks in a row now, don't ask how that's possible, lol), for this too.

I'm not taking it anymore, but the HN doctors had me on something called Support Adrenals, and basically, it was just a B complex/multivitamin, with a few extra things.

I'm taking something from Neurosciences called AdreCor, which I think is mostly herbal stuff, not so much vitamins.

I think I'm taking pregnenelone which is a precursor to some of the adrenal things.

I'm taking L-Tyrosine, but not sure exactly what that supports, but it's connected to the neurotransmitter/adrenal issue.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Wow, Donna, that's a LOW temp! It really sounds like you could use some thyroid!

My thyroid and adrenals always tested low normal across the board. One of my thyroid numbers was in the 3-4 range, with under 4 being normal. My LLMD told me that some doctors think that number should be under 1 rather than under 4, so he changed my thyroid meds from Armour to Synthroid and Cytomel.

Now I sleep better at night and get up easier in the morning.

I am taking the Cowden adrenal tincture and Xymogen Adrenal Essence (B6, Pantothenic acid, Cordyceps, Rhodiola Rosea Root, Para Amino Benzoic Acid, and Ginsenosides) for my adrenals.

I'm betting that that low temperature is contributing to your feeling bad!!!

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Ok, these three hour long naps are starting to annoy me. I had plans today. I really did. Guess I'll just do my running tomorrow when I have to go out anyway for Round 3 of allergy testing.

----------------

When it comes to thyroid levels, there's "normal" and then there's "optimal". Quite often our free Ts will be in range, but towards the lower end of the range. They really should be in the upper 1/3 for us to feel better (on that front anyway).

Green12 Enthusiast
I'm taking so many things, I've lost track of what is for what, lol.

:lol:

Isn't that the truth.

I know I take adoptogenic herbs for adrenals (a tincture complex with things like schisandra, rhodiola, ginsing, ashwagandha, cordyceps, etc), and a few of my other supplements probably have adrenal support in them, just not sure which.

Yes, how can you forget to take your injections?!?! :o Sticking yourself in the leg I would think would be embedded into your memory :lol:

Archived