This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Big week! Big week! Big week!

Bouncy Bouncy!!!!

Today's allergy testing and getting the last minute stuff together for tomorrow. Oh yeah, and packing.

Tomorrow's my appt at Dr H's office. Might take my laptop with me and post something tomorrow night, provided I can figure out how to get the darned thing to work.

Oh, yes, the laptop must be figured out!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Big week! Big week! Big week!

Bouncy Bouncy!!!!

Today's allergy testing and getting the last minute stuff together for tomorrow. Oh yeah, and packing.

Tomorrow's my appt at Dr H's office. Might take my laptop with me and post something tomorrow night, provided I can figure out how to get the darned thing to work.

Oh, yes, the laptop must be figured out!!!

confused Community Regular
Listen to your body! That's how I felt when I'd get them. Now I don't feel that I need them so much anymore ..... unfortunately, LOL.

Kassandra gets here in a couple hours. My kids are so excited .... my girls even made their beds this morning .... funny, they never have time to make their beds before school, I laughed when I walked in there this morning. :lol:

I haven't looked in the basement yet ...... don't know if my 17 year old son is trying to impress her or not, but I'll know when I go down there, LOL.

Have fun and im glad you are all so excited for this trip. How long is she staying? I bet the 17 yr old will really try to impress lol

paula

confused Community Regular

sorry double post lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
I am setting up an appt. for a deep tissue massage. What do you feel like are the benefits you get from massages?

Well, I get a lot of benefit. Besides just making me feel really pampered and good, it helps loosen up my forever tight/sore muscles. A good therapist kind of hits the right muscles very quickly. The one I see now even massages my stomach if I want...I've never had any other therapists who even mentioned that, so I was kind of not sure about it at first, but it's great too. She said (and apparently she is right, lol) that it is good for the organs. I've been really lucky in finding really good therapists, and haven't really had a bad one yet. I try to see the same one each time unless they are sick or leave for some reason.

After a massage, I come home and soak in epsom salt/baking soda bath for 15-20 minutes.

It's really important to drink a lot of water to help move the toxins out.

OMGosh...definitely get that laptop working, lol!!!!

I feel like my body is telling me it needs it!!!!

Yep, I can always tell when it's time for my massages...and I get them every month, right on schedule. My body knows when it's time. :P

mftnchn Explorer

Lori, I would wonder whether it might be valuable to first screen for heavy metal toxicity. Secondly, look for the ART practitioner to see if there is someone in your area--to see what areas of your body are stressed and what stresses your body.

My concern is that after all of the testing with Dr. Mercola you would have spent so much and then are still having to look for treatment options and someone to treat you, right?

Supplements have been so important to most of us and they are very expensive. For me, I am hopeful that in the long run the ART will save me money by pinpointing what I need. I am still early in the process, so am depending on the great reviews on this thread about ART and the help it has been.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Waiting for all the details about Kassandra's visit!

Hmm, getting back to China where I can afford another massage is sounding pretty good....

Big week for me too...I see my LLMD on Wednesday to review all the tests and make some decisions. Gotta pull all the info together so I am well prepared for my visit.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Oooh, big week for lots of people. Nothing too big for me...I have an appointment Friday with one of the HN doctors--a followup for my neurotransmitter stuff, but I'm guessing not much will change since we aren't reviewing new labs or anything.

Carla, meant to say that I LOVE this avatar!!! Very glamorous!

AndreaB Contributor

Lori,

Dr. Mercola is supposed to be good but that is a lot of money if you aren't going to be able to afford what needs to be done after the testing.

Carla,

LOL about the girls......somehow I think the 17 year old would do the same. Hope everyone has fun! I love your new avatar too. :)

Sherry,

Hope you have a good week.

Nyxie,

Yes, take the laptop.......we always like to know about appointments!

Mia,

Hope the massage goes well for you. I'm still here.....just reading along.

Nothing is going on with us right now, same ol, same ol.

dlp252 Apprentice

As I suspected, all appointments for Dr. Amy were taken. :( But they took my name and number just in case there is a cancellation. I'm tempted to take the whole darned week off just in case, lol.

tabasco32 Apprentice
Lisa, I've heard various reviews about Mercola. I've read some of his work. Some of it seems to make sense, other stuff is too far out there for me. Three grand seems to be a lot of money, but getting an answer is priceless. Are there any holistic docs near you who could maybe do the same thing only cheaper? Some even take insurance.
:huh:
Green12 Enthusiast
:huh:

Lisa, I think Nyxie meant Lori :lol:

Glad you came out from behind the camera :D Cute avatar picture!

Sorry Donna you couldn't get an appt :( You never know someone might cancel, I always put myself on a cancellation list just in case.

Good luck with your appts Nyxie and Sherry, I look forward to your updates.

confusedks Enthusiast

I'm here! :D

It's so great to be here and meet everyone. :)

The flight was long and tiring, but sleeping tonight will be no problem, LOL! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
I'm here! :D

It's so great to be here and meet everyone. :)

The flight was long and tiring, but sleeping tonight will be no problem, LOL! :lol:

Hope you all have a great time. :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, meant to say that I LOVE this avatar!!! Very glamorous!

Thank you. That was taken at our fancy dinner Saturday.

LOL about the girls......somehow I think the 17 year old would do the same. Hope everyone has fun! I love your new avatar too. :)

LOL. Thanks.

Glad you came out from behind the camera :D Cute avatar picture!

It is a cute picture, Lisa.

LoriG Contributor

Well I think I'm going to hold off on Dr. Mercola for now. He costs $3000-$6000! Yikes!

I started the Myer's Cocktail today and ouch!!!! I felt like my arm was burning off and still is. She said it is because of the vitamin C. I have to do this weekly.

I asked for the provocative urine test and I think I can get it there. I called a mercury free dentist in my area and I talked to a guy there who does electrodermal screening. I told him about all of my health problems and he really suggested this. What do you think? I was just at my other natropath who was doing NES (www.nutrienergetics.com) Is this the same thing or not? He says it'll tell me for sure about metals.

So......do I do the urine test or go to this guy? I am so tired and overwhelmed I can't make any decisions. Please help.

tabasco32 Apprentice
Thank you. That was taken at our fancy dinner Saturday.

Yeah I was sort of jealous Carla. I thought you went to the Oscars. :P I wasn't invited.

But then you said fancy dinner and I got even more jealous. :lol: Just kidding.

lisa

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah I was sort of jealous Carla. I thought you went to the Oscars. :P I wasn't invited.

But then you said fancy dinner and I got even more jealous. :lol: Just kidding.

lisa

Yeah, I'm actually famous, those were the Oscars ... Carla is an assumed name. ;):lol:

It was a fundraiser dinner for a local private school. It's fun to have an excuse to dress up .... last year we didn't go.

mftnchn Explorer
I asked for the provocative urine test and I think I can get it there. I called a mercury free dentist in my area and I talked to a guy there who does electrodermal screening. I told him about all of my health problems and he really suggested this. What do you think? I was just at my other natropath who was doing NES (www.nutrienergetics.com) Is this the same thing or not? He says it'll tell me for sure about metals.

So......do I do the urine test or go to this guy? I am so tired and overwhelmed I can't make any decisions. Please help.

Hmmm, sorry I am not familiar with the NES. Maybe someone else can help. I think most people here who have done ART have then have it confirmed through lab tests.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Hey, Donna. I think the neurotransmitter support is really helping my sleep; if not that, then one of the other new things I am taking. It's been great the last few nights. Does that help you too?

Sherry

Rpm999 Contributor

ah, it's been a while i've posted but i went to bioset for the first time...obviously i haven't had much done, but quite a few things came up like thyroid, lymph, male, liver, sinus...it showed my thyroid as being high, and i assume my liver means that i'm not detoxing right...my body came up 80% toxic as well, which is pretty damn high, right?

but anyways, i have a few questions

1) i believe i heard rachel say that if you have lyme, it'll show up in bioset...it doesn't surprise me because it picked up the male issues and all...she thinks i don't have lyme, but i have no clue why she'd say that...but she's treated people with lyme and all ...it was only one session so obviously i haven't had any "panels" besides the main body ones...but it's just something that needs an answer, if i have it than okay, if i don't than great, but it's a possibility and blood work isn't accurate so...i just need to be SURE of anything obviously, because with so much going on...well you get the picture :lol:

2) why would lymph come up? i have no real clue on what it could possible be, or what lymph really relates to

3) is it possible bioset could pick up parasites or metals? or little infections or inflammation, because it seems like it would with how sensitive it is, yet anybodies experience would be nice...to me it seemed like what people say ART is like, she seemed to have a lot of knowledge and it shows the effect and all

4) my emotional panel, or whatever, came up extremely high...that's a big indicator of the neuro hell i'm going through right? no matter what, i stay optimistic and try to be positive, but i have so many strange neuro/mental symptoms that it's EASILY the big overpowering thing...so i'm sure that's that

5) i found out my mom has never had a filling, neither have i...could lead poisoniing be like mercury, symptom wise? it's so farfetched, but i got stabbed with a pencil back in school years ago, and i remember getting the lead out i think, but i can see a big gray dot right there...so that'd be very strange but possible...i never thought twice about it

but anyways, LOTS OF QUESTIONS hahaha, but any answers or thoughts from some of you like donna and rachel or anybody who's had a lot happen would be nice...now that i have a little info here, maybe it'll give you all a better idea

i just know that my neuro symptoms have been insane, so fixing the liver issue will become first, right? the thing is, i said this to her and she agreed: i feel like i can't take any more symptoms...i feel like going through the day is like a bad acid trip, just i don't even feel human...so many strange things in that sense, so i'm wondering what do you think will need to happen first? i want to be very gentle and i have big mental and neuro symptoms so i'm trying to go easy...she even said, it's good i didn't take the ABX and knew my body is just severely off...she seemed to understand and know that i just can't really do anything with how bad it is...she was even like, wow, i can tell you're really sick haha

i'm so mad though because i've been having issues with my parents...it's bad enough my mom thinks bioset is crap because she just doesn't know, but i literally don't really have any money and it's $100 a visit and she doesn't take insurance...so i have no clue what i'm going to do, i had to cancel the appointment she wanted today because of all of this...i don't know how much longer i can take this bad luck and being against all odds here =\

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Sorry Lisa. That message was for Lori.

I'm an idiot. :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi RPM. Sorry things are going poorly on the home front. My parents never believed I was sick, they just thought I had a low threshold of pain, so I know where you're coming from.

I am not sure, but I think Bioset shows what's happening right now .... the things that are affecting you most show up, then as they're taken care of, the next layer shows up. I've never done it myself, but I think that's how it works, so you could have an infection that didn't show up yet.

You could be lead toxic, I was! So was my daughter. I have NO CLUE how! You're too young for that pencil to have had lead .... pencils use graphite now .... haven't used lead for years .... but you could still have lead poisoning. My daughter and I did much better after chelating the lead.

Lymph would somehow relate to your lymph system which is one of your organs of detoxification. Do you happen to have a rebounder? (mini-trampoline) They are really good for improving lymph flow ....you can get them pretty inexpensively ($20-$40).

Lemon water would probably also be a good idea to help with detox.

--------

Well, I ran out of 5HTP a few days ago .... yesterday and today I woke up at 5:30. I don't go to bed till about 11:30 so that's WAY too early. So, I think the 5HTP must have been contributing to my better sleep I've had lately. I hope I remember to buy it today! (Kassandra, remind me! ;))

Nyxie, so does this post mean you figured out the laptop! I CAN'T WAIT to hear how your appt. goes!!!! What time is it?

I hope Kassandra feels good today. She had a nice break from the Mepron ... but she started it back up last night. She doesn't "look" sick, LOL.

dlp252 Apprentice
Hey, Donna. I think the neurotransmitter support is really helping my sleep; if not that, then one of the other new things I am taking. It's been great the last few nights. Does that help you too?

Yes, I think they are definitely helping me! This week I've been a little restless at night, but overall they've helped a lot. I think the newest stuff my BioSET lady gave me for detox is what is making me restless at night, but I'm still sleeping better than I was.

1) i believe i heard rachel say that if you have lyme, it'll show up in bioset...it doesn't surprise me because it picked up the male issues and all...she thinks i don't have lyme, but i have no clue why she'd say that...but she's treated people with lyme and all ...it was only one session so obviously i haven't had any "panels" besides the main body ones...but it's just something that needs an answer, if i have it than okay, if i don't than great, but it's a possibility and blood work isn't accurate so...i just need to be SURE of anything obviously, because with so much going on...well you get the picture :lol:

Lyme did NOT come up for me in BioSET. I was tested twice with the main lyme panels and it didn't come up for me. After ART found lyme, and my LLMD confirmed that with blood testing, the BioSET ladies did the complete detailed lyme panels and that's when it showed up. If your body hasn't become sensitized to the lyme, BioSET won't find it. In my case, I was sensitive to certain strains/vials/whatever they are.

2) why would lymph come up? i have no real clue on what it could possible be, or what lymph really relates to

Hum, not sure about this in BioSET. I've had it come up in ART. I'm not sure I can explain what lymph is, but it's a really important piece of bodily function. When you are sick your lymph nodes may get swollen.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:

The lymphatic system is a complex network of lymphoid organs, lymph nodes, lymph ducts, lymphatic tissues, lymph capillaries and lymph vessels that produce and transport lymph fluid from tissues to the circulatory system. The lymphatic system is a major part of the immune system.

The lymphatic system has three interrelated functions: (1) removal of excess fluids from body tissues, (2) absorption of fatty acids and subsequent transport of fat, as chyle, to the circulatory system and, (3) production of immune cells such as lymphocytes (e.g. antibody producing plasma cells) and monocytes.

3) is it possible bioset could pick up parasites or metals? or little infections or inflammation, because it seems like it would with how sensitive it is, yet anybodies experience would be nice...to me it seemed like what people say ART is like, she seemed to have a lot of knowledge and it shows the effect and all

I'm not sure about parasites but it will pick up metals if your body is sensitized to them. Infections, maybe. ART would for sure.

i'm so mad though because i've been having issues with my parents...it's bad enough my mom thinks bioset is crap because she just doesn't know, but i literally don't really have any money and it's $100 a visit and she doesn't take insurance...so i have no clue what i'm going to do, i had to cancel the appointment she wanted today because of all of this...i don't know how much longer i can take this bad luck and being against all odds here =\

I'm so sorry about this! Yes, it's tough. I found BioSET to be every accurate in almost everything. The lyme was the only thing that wasn't found right away, and eventually that was found too. At least my BioSET charges have been covered by my insurance so far. I have to submit the claim myself to my insurance company, but they've been paying it.

BioSET will tell you what your body is sensitized to (did I say that correctly Rachel?, lol).

ART will tell you the biggest burdens on your body at the point in time you are tested--that can change from time to time (mine didn't though--in my case same burdens). It will pick up infections, parasites, metals, etc.

AndreaB Contributor
BioSET will tell you what your body is sensitized to (did I say that correctly Rachel?, lol).

ART will tell you the biggest burdens on your body at the point in time you are tested--that can change from time to time (mine didn't though--in my case same burdens). It will pick up infections, parasites, metals, etc.

That's the way I remember Rachel describing them too. :)

Kassandra,

Hope the mepron doesn't make you feel too bad again.

Nyxie,

Hope your appointment goes well today. :)

Archived