This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I remember my mother told me not so many years ago that her doctor had run a test for borrelia (in Europe lyme goes by that name) and she was positive but the doctor said it just means she had been exposed......now could we doughters have gotten it through her and how would the symptoms be?

A positive Lyme test does mean she's been been exposed. If she had any symptoms she should have been treated. I'm assuming that she must have had some symptoms otherwise the Dr. would not have run the test.

Yes, Lyme does cross the placenta....if she was infected its possible that you and your sister were also exposed before birth. If you got bit all the time by ticks and you both have fibro. symptoms its very likely that you were exposed after birth as well.

In my opinion there is a strong possibility that Lyme is responsible for your chronic symptoms. Unfortunately, its very common for Lyme patients to be misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

Personally, I do not believe that Fibro. is real condition. Of course the symptoms are real but they are ALWAYS caused by something. Fibro. is a cluster of symptoms with no known cause...therefore unless you toss that diagnosis aside and continue searching...you are stuck living with those symptoms.

I would definately look for an LLMD and get tested for Lyme.

So the question is, what happens typically if the kids get lyme from the womb.

They may get sick early on, they may get sick later in life or they may never get sick.

It depends on many factors.....how strong is the immune system? Are there any genetic weaknesses which would make them more susceptible? Are they also exposed to large amounts of mercury (amalgams and vaccines)? Did the mother have amalgam fillings (mercury and lyme both cross the placenta), How many additional tick borne diseases have they been exposed to? Is their toxic burden high?

Some people are more susceptible. Some people are weak detoxifiers and others are strong detoxifiers....due to their genetic makeup. People who do not detox as effeciently will have more problems dealing with the neurotoxins produced by Lyme. People who have mercury and other heavy metals in their body will have a harder time dealing with Lyme. Mercury and Lyme both impair detoxification and they both place a heavy burden on the immune system.

If your mother, sister and yourself all have some type of chronic symptoms its a pretty strong possibility that you are dealing with these issues. Its not uncommon for members of the same family to all have Lyme...sometimes ALL family members are affected.

Most autistic children also test positive for Lyme. Its not the only problem they have but they do have congenital lyme as well as viruses (from vaccines), mercury (from mom's amalgams and vaccines) and a heavy load of toxins due to impaired detoxification. Most of these kids are genetically susceptible and have some weaknesses in their ability to detoxify.

Years ago we were not exposed to as many toxins as we are today. We did not have the amount of vaccines that children get today. We were not exposed to as many chemicals as we're exposed to now.

Children who were born exposed to Lyme years ago would have not taken such huge hits to their immune system early on.....but eventually as things start to build-up through life....symptoms can begin to appear.

Yes, medications can mask the symptoms of Fibro. but this is not getting to the root of the problem. Symptoms are present because something is not right. Treating Fibro. is treating symptoms. If the correct diagnosis is Lyme and the disease is treated (properly) symptoms can be resolved.

Fibro. symptoms dont resolve without a proper diagnosis.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's!!! :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommy's! :)

Guest LittleMissAllergy

Just wanted to drop in to say Happy Mother's Day to you all. :)

Hope to chat with you all more later!

<3

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Well I'm back to eating alot of different foods again! Yay! :)

I'm not too sure whats made the difference but in the past week I started chelation again as well as the oral minerals + folinic acid and B12.

Theres still alot of minerals I need to supplement but I'm guessing that reducing the copper is helping.

Last night I went to a birthday party and had 3 slices of pizza and some ice cream b-day cake. No reactions. :D

Sorry Kassandra but thats MY kind of birthday party!! :lol:

Its just amazing to me that I have no fear anymore! I'm ready to go to any function that I'm invited to...its such a drastic change from the last few years!

The only thing I reacted to last night was the perfume that my friend sprayed on me. :o

It was her own perfume that she wears everyday....it never bothers me so she thought it would be ok if I wore it too. :lol:

Apparantly it only smells good on her....its far more toxic when I'm wearing it! :blink:

I had to take my sweater off and once I stashed it in the trunk of my car I was fine. :P

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Happy Mother's Day!!! :wub: :wub:

Rachel, that's amazing!!! :D :D :D I'm SO HAPPY for you!! Woohoo for normality... whatever that is. :P:wub: :wub:

AndreaB Contributor
Its just amazing to me that I have no fear anymore! I'm ready to go to any function that I'm invited to...its such a drastic change from the last few years!

WooHoo!!! :D

So happy you are able to get out and enjoy yourself again. :D

I'd like to add my HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to everyone! :wub:

And thanks for those who have given Happy Mother's Day wishes already. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest LittleMissAllergy

Rachel, you give me hope :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you give me hope :)

Awww...I'm glad. We all definately need to have hope! I havent had the easiest time with all of this but one thing I've never been without is hope. :)

Dont worry....once you start making progress you'll look back and you'll see how far you've come. Its a really good feeling. Trust me...you'll get there too. You just take to take it one day at a time. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, that is the same thing I posted a link for a few months back. I think it is valuable. I tried it for awhile but like everything it takes time. I have another one I like to do that integrates faith but it isn't in a free download to learn like this one is and doesn't use the acupressure points.

Sherry

Oh, I didn't see it. :) Sometimes, like today, I just skim.

I would definately look for an LLMD and get tested for Lyme.

I agree. The only way you will get properly diagnosed is by an LLMD.

Apparantly it only smells good on her....its far more toxic when I'm wearing it! :blink:

When I first quit working, I sold cosmetics part-time. Perfume interacts with your body chemistry .... that is why you should always spray it on in the store and wear it for a while to see how it smells on YOU. Just because it smells good in the bottle, does not mean it will smell good on you.

Happy Mother's Day!!! :wub: :wub:

Thank you from everyone, and happy mother's day to the moms. :)

confused Community Regular

Happy Late Mothers Day to Everyone, and thanks for the happy mothers day wishes. I had a great weekend with the kids and I hope everyone else did to.

Rachel,

Im so glad you are back to eating yummy foods lol. I was doing great with onions and garlic while on the charcoal. Well I have been off of it for about an week, and now my stomach is dying. Guess I need to start back on the charcoal lol.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi everyone...incredibly behind and don't think I can catch up so I'll just start from here, lol!

aprilh Apprentice

I am sure you guys know this, but that enviromental dr I went to has a sign in his office advising people not to wear perfume in the office because of the many chemical sensitive people he treats. He states that they contain nearly 2500 chemicals and are highly toxic.

confusedks Enthusiast
I am sure you guys know this, but that enviromental dr I went to has a sign in his office advising people not to wear perfume in the office because of the many chemical sensitive people he treats. He states that they contain nearly 2500 chemicals and are highly toxic.

I have a Lyme friend whose throat closes up when she is around ANY chemicals! :o She can't go out anywhere unless it's totally outside, so there is some wind so that she can get away from the smell. Also, my Lyme support group, they say to not wear any hair products, perfume, etc. because of people with MCS.

confusedks Enthusiast

Does anyone sleep past their alarm a lot? I almost totally missed an appt I have today because I was fast asleep! I don't know what woke me up, but it wasn't my alarm! :o

My alarm is my iPod hooked up to an iHome so it blasts music when I set it...I slept through 50 minutes of that! :o :o

I swear, it's a Lyme symptom! LOL! :lol: :lol:

nora-n Rookie

wow. sleeping through all that noise. You must be really tired or something like that.

There was an earthquake where I was in february and some people slept through it..

Speaking of earthquake, I am thinking about our friend that is living there now.

Rachel, thank you so much for the long explanation.

Next question:

I was quite healthy and never got sick as a kid.

WhenI was 12 I noticedfor the first time I got sick from amalgam fillings.

Then I developed some allergies.

They alwasy said ms sister was teh allergic one because she got some welts from primula flowers. My runny nose was nothing they noticed.

But I was quite well until the day I got mononucleosis. Been sick from that day.

Do you know anything about that, or was it just by chance the last straw.

nora

confused Community Regular
Does anyone sleep past their alarm a lot? I almost totally missed an appt I have today because I was fast asleep! I don't know what woke me up, but it wasn't my alarm! :o

My alarm is my iPod hooked up to an iHome so it blasts music when I set it...I slept through 50 minutes of that! :o :o

Do we need to start an call and wake up kassandra for appts. lol.

My body wakes up at 4 am every day, thanks to hubbys alarm lol. Even on his days off we both wake up at 4 am. I do force myself to sleep til 6 tho.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sherry, how did you fare with the earthquake?

Nora, I have had Lyme for years .... this flare was triggered by stress and another illness. The mono could have been more than you can handle and could have been the last straw.

Kassandra, I think it's a teenage thing ... my non-Lymie teenagers sleep through alarms, I don't.

dlp252 Apprentice

Um, NO, lol. I wake up fully 30 minutes BEFORE my alarm goes off! :lol: If it's a lyme symptom, I didn't get it, lol.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Do you know anything about that, or was it just by chance the last straw.

nora

Nora, we dont normally lose our health because of one issue. Its more often that things pile up over time and eventually its more than the immune system can handle. Thats when we develop chronic symptoms. One of my Dr.'s told me that its always the "last straw" that gets the blame for the illness....but the reality is that things were building up long before that one event.

Most likely the mono was the thing which pushed you over the edge.....but your body was probably already under significant stress.

Patients and staff are not to wear fragrances in my LLMD's clinic. They have a few signs up...its the first thing you see when you step up to the entry. A few other Dr.'s I've seen have the same signs up....advising that many patients are sensitive and perfumes are not allowed in the office.

I LOVE that! :)

Rpm999 Contributor

i have a question for you rachel (or anybody else that may know)

i was looking in an older post and you mentioned a test: "Genetic testing of detox pathways to identify glutathione or methylation defects, among others"

would you happen to know what/where i could get a test for this? in bioset, it showed my liver as being sluggish, but i want to find out how i can help it because the practitioner is no longer around so...and i still would like to have facts out on paper for me to see

i plan to get the hair analysis soon, but the thing i realized is that i don't think i could possibly have heavy metal toxicity...i've never had fillings, my mom never has, rarely have fish, but i think it would be good to get it just incase because i'm curious about the levels

the thing i do think i have now is celiac, because i realized that i don't have many GI issues at all...nothing else really bothers me, and my mom has had so many health issues that i realize that it's probably an issue...seems rare that bloodwork comes up positive, but i plan to get the genes tested

a question for you though- could celiac cause detox pathway problems and toxic levels (through bioset)? not sure if anybodies brought that up, but i'm wondering if it's possible...i'm sure celiac can cause candida which can cause that, but i don't have many GI issues like i said and don't really react to foods so that baffles me...celiac i think could be a huge issue in my case, but i just wonder if it could cause issues like that as well....i know lyme can and all of that, but say lyme and metals wasn't an issue, and it was a bad case of celiac

makes me wonder too, i had some strange reflux attack when i first started getting sick and i wonder if that could have caused some deep infection that could be impairing things...i mean if you're body goes through trauma like that, i'm sure something breaks out and that could be my underlying thing...because that's when it all started, i think i was eating very fast and it all just backed up on me and put me into panic and threw my body out of control...the cause of that could have been celiac getting ready to break out again and was effecting that throat muscle (since i had bad unknown issues when i was first born/younger, but it all subsided)

but i think of it, lyme is an underlying infection that can trigger celiac, so couldn't any other infection do the same/effect the body in many ways? i just have no idea what could have happened, but i'm sure something resulted from that....i just think of my past, and everybody else heres past and it's a lot different (younger issues, when i started getting sick a year ago, what was the first thing to happen)

confusedks Enthusiast
Do we need to start an call and wake up kassandra for appts. lol.

My body wakes up at 4 am every day, thanks to hubbys alarm lol. Even on his days off we both wake up at 4 am. I do force myself to sleep til 6 tho.

paula

LOL! I literally had to get out of bed, throw on some clothes, and then get in the car and go to my appt. :lol: I haven't slept through my alarm in a LONG time, LOL! I used to do it almost every day when I was in school...but so did some of my friends.

tabasco32 Apprentice

hey everyone

HEy rachel I was meaning to ask you, what type of digestive enzyme do you take and trace minerals? Can you get them over the net?

CarlaB Enthusiast
i don't think i could possibly have heavy metal toxicity...

Don't rule it out to quickly. My daughter and I both were lead toxic, and have no idea where that came from. It did not show up with hair analysis, it showed up with a urine test.

Rpm999 Contributor

true...it wasn't a provoked urine test, was it? because i don't think that's the best idea if i'm having detox issues, but i've heard that the mineral levels or something from the hair analysis can be the big clue

Archived