• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

lorka150

Look At This As A Blessing...

Rate this topic

I was glutened last week, and took ten days to feel better.

Today, finally feeling normal, I came home after a wonderful morning with a friend, and ate lunch and got a high fever. It was really random, and I was frustrated that FINALLY I felt good and then a fever! (Which I seldom get).

But then I went to an open house of a friend who got diagnosed with cancer, and made a celiac disease and we had a celebration for the opening of it. Many people love this man - over 200 people showed up.

And he is dying. Of cancer.

None of us are dying. We're sick, sometimes feel like garbage, whatever. We're not dying. We've been blessed - we KNOW how to control the disease, even if we always cannot.

Let's remember how wonderful we all have it. (and slip in a prayer for my friend, if you can. :))

I am sorry for your friend. But you are so right. I had a friend die last year from cancer and I learned never to complain because he sure didn't. I will keep your friend in my prayers.

Thanks. As I was driving home, I was thinking how frail and sick he looked. And I thought to myself *I* look sick and frail (I lost about 50lbs when I was dianosed, and have only gained back about 10). But I feel awesome.

He's on morphine. You know?

Sorry about your friend. Thanks again.

i do take this as a blessing every day. The number of times I have been in the hospital, and seen patients so close to dying.

This summer after jaw surgery, my 2 year old room mate had a brain tumor, and was just about to undergo brain surgery, she is still living and doing very well, but still, had a brain tumor.

Sorry about your friend.

I was glutened last week, and took ten days to feel better.

Today, finally feeling normal, I came home after a wonderful morning with a friend, and ate lunch and got a high fever. It was really random, and I was frustrated that FINALLY I felt good and then a fever! (Which I seldom get).

But then I went to an open house of a friend who got diagnosed with cancer, and made a celiac disease and we had a celebration for the opening of it. Many people love this man - over 200 people showed up.

And he is dying. Of cancer.

None of us are dying. We're sick, sometimes feel like garbage, whatever. We're not dying. We've been blessed - we KNOW how to control the disease, even if we always cannot.

Let's remember how wonderful we all have it. (and slip in a prayer for my friend, if you can. :))

Your are so right...celiac almost killed me and I feel blessed everyday that I can actually feel like this. I was fainting at work and having heart and cheast pain and they thought I had a brain tumor and heart conditon...as well as them thinking my son had some form of rare cancer (my son even had sezures when he was a baby when he would breast feed now I am sure it was from the gluten). Imagine my releif when I found out it was all from celiac diease and we could fix it. I feel soooooooooooo blessed.

Yes....we are the lucky ones. As I just read somewhere, celiac disease is the ONLY autoimmune disease in which the CAUSE is known. We just don't eat gluten and we're fine. No drugs to take, no other things to worry about. We get better if we don't eat gluten. We are very lucky. I feel very fortunate that I know exactly how to make myself feel normal, feel good. I have total control over this. It's a good feeling to not have to be at the mercy of continual medical intervention with this. :)

good reminder...prayers for healing and courage for your friend...