• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Last weekend I bought a bag of Alexia Yukon Gold Fries. The bag was marked 'gluten free' and I did not notice until I went to use them yesterday that there is a "may be made on machinery shared with nuts and wheat" warning. The "wheat" warning does not appear on their website, just on the package--is this something new? This was the first time I have bought them, and now I'm afraid to eat them. Has anyone had any experience/problems with them?

http://www.alexiafoods.com/products/organics_nf.htm

Hmmm...I eat those fries all the time, and I have never seen that warning before. I'm assuming it's because of the new label laws. That being said, I trust this company a lot. I eat the fries about once a week, and I have never had a problem with them. I will continue to eat them, too, even with the new label on them. Hopefully, you won't have a problem with them, either. (I make some yummy cheese fries with these, so I would hate to give these up!)

Hmmm...I eat those fries all the time, and I have never seen that warning before. I'm assuming it's because of the new label laws. That being said, I trust this company a lot. I eat the fries about once a week, and I have never had a problem with them. I will continue to eat them, too, even with the new label on them. Hopefully, you won't have a problem with them, either. (I make some yummy cheese fries with these, so I would hate to give these up!)

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I have only read good things about them here, and was a bit shocked to see the warning on the bag. Must be the new packaging making it to the stores. Thanks again :)

I also haven't had a problem with them. I think it's because they may share their lines, if production warrants, but they do have fairly strict cleaning requirements. :-)

We have never had a problem with them either. I did notice the last time I was at the store, though, that some bags (different varieties) had that warning and some didn't. I get the olive oil and sea salt ones or the julienne ones.