This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

So Confused

Lister

Lister Rising Star

I know i did not eat anything and i have been doing great for these past weeks but just randomly i feel like crap or randomly brain fog will kick in, or like right now i got brain fog really bad im bloated and i cant sleep i lay down and random parts of me keep going numb or twiching its really strange and i cant lay down. gah i know i did not get glutend since i hand wash my own dishs with gluten free dish soap and all i have aten was steak and alexia frys- i had the frys yesterday as well and had no problems so this just seems to be compelety not gluten realated im just really confused and my vision is really wierd

can symptoms of damage come and go while healing, i jsut figured if i was getting better it would keep going better not some days good some days bad, but its not even like some days its like some hours i can be completly diffrent hten i was 30 minutes ago, does not look like it for tonight though i have been laying down for about a hour now with no sucsess with falling asleep it feels like there is pressure but inside of my head gah its wierd

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Take heart, Lister. It is very common to roller coaster especially during the first few months. It just takes time. When I finally got diagnosed, I also thought that I'd go gluten-free and get better--just like that. Didn't happen. It's taken me a good year to feel good more or less consistantly. Just stay the course--you're doing great! :D

Lister Rising Star

yeah its just depressing to wake up and feel glutened first thing in the morning, today my head is still sltighty messed up, and my left and right side are both sore, my left worse then my right my right only hurtrs when i brethe in to deep, and im getten lots of gastaral noise coming from my left side. Im thinking maybe i may have gotten glutned from my toothpaste this morning but i use Colgate Total i know colgate is safe but im not sure if all of there different types are or not. anyways back to work i go hope i dont get worse i hate working 9 hour days feeling like crap

if there something to blame and not just the healing processes im going to pin it on the fact that i did not take my vitemens yesterday cuz i was 1 hour & 1/2 late to work so i forgot to grab them as i was dashing out the door

jerseyangel Proficient

Sorry you're feeling so lousy today. Your toothpaste is safe, by the way! I remember during the first couple of months on the diet, I would wake up and both of my hands and wrists would hurt. My intestines would make noises, and hurt and get pressure for no apparent reason. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you! :) Oops--don't forget your vitamins :D

Guest nini

it's very normal to roller coaster while you are healing... that's why you need to give the diet a good 6 months up to even 2 years or more before you are completely healed... you also go through withdrawal symptoms as well... hang in there and just keep making sure that there are no hidden glutens sneaking in anywhere. (non stick pans that have scratches previously used for gluten containing foods)

Lister Rising Star

also it looks like i have gained about 10 pounds in 3 days i guess its back to only salads

already switched all my stuff to stainless steal when possible besides like plates and stuff but all my cookwear is stainless steal

Guest nini
also it looks like i have gained about 10 pounds in 3 days i guess its back to only salads

DO NOT worry about weight gain at this stage in the game... focus on eating healthy foods that are naturally gluten-free... don't fill up on junk, but don't starve yourself either... you do not have to live on just salads... It takes a while for your body to adjust to absorbing nutrients finally so let your body do what it needs to... Now if you find yourself quickly gaining 30-50 pounds then yeah watch your portions and calories, but right now just focus on eating healthy. Also, if you are starving yourself and eating very little right now, your body goes into survival mode and holds onto the fat and will not allow you to lose weight. You have to eat enough calories to burn calories... make sense? I've lost over 100 pounds since going gluten-free and I can give you some pointers if you like, but do not stress about 10 pounds here or there as long as you are eating healthy and not filling up on junk.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

also is my sleep problem caused by healing or is there something else i need to battle, like when i try to sleep i usualy get starteld right before i fall asleep with a rush of blood to my head then i choke up and can breath, this will continue about 3 times before i fall alseep.

and today i am so sore it feels like someone beat the crap out of me like i cant even tuch my shouldersr they are so fricking sore :( when will the rollercoster stop or is there something else i need to look into to heal all the way

aorona Rookie

I have been gluten-free since July 2005, almost one year now. I too still experience the bloating with , brain fog, tiredness, & soreness all with no apparent cause. I have several accidental ingestions that takes me 1 week to recover. I have had celiac since I was born, so I realize that 29 years of damage will take awhile for my body to completely heal. It is very frustrating to get symptoms when you know you have not had any gluten. Don't think you are alone in this, just keep doing the diet.

Lister Rising Star

Lister Rising Star

i had a question about what i have been talking about when i go to sleep, those wierd feelings like i literaly can lay there for a hour before i sleep because my body will feel wierd or i will get this feeling of blood rush to my brain and then i fling up chocking for air and i cant draw any air from my nose. and this can sometimes happen 5 times before i finally fall asleep. I was wondering if this can be sleep apenea, but i am pretty sure apenea is when you wake up from a deep sleep choking for air and i dont have that problem i sleep through the night just fine this just happens when im trying to sleep.

also what pain killers can we have? like advil or ibeprohene or sudomedophen (yes i know thats a way off spelling but i dont know how to properly spell it without the bottel) because im so so so soor i seriusly cant even get out of my chair right now it hurts so fricking bad to move my head. gah this is really strange meh whatever as long as im better when i wake up

eKatherine Rookie

Might be panic attacks.

Lister Rising Star

yeah but i dont see why i would get them, im seriusly just laying there perfectly calm not worrying about anyting and then BAM fully awake chocking for air

2kids4me Contributor

make sure you have been checked for hypothyroidism or pernicious anema (B12 deficiency). Either condition will leave you tired ... Lack of B12 can be a result of poor absorbtion or destruction of the parietal cells that are needed to absorb this vitamin. I had a lot of problems with bloating and a feeling of being "unwell" before I found out I needed shots of this vitamin.

Lister Rising Star

i have had anemia blood tests done and eveyrthing came out normel but i take a sublqingul pill of b12 everyday anyways. As for hypothirodism i think my doctor would probably have thought of that if he thought it to be a posabilty but maybe i should bring it up?

gah im so fricking sore i have abosultly no clue why :( i want to walk to the store but it acually hurts to even walk a foot

Lister Rising Star

i would just try to sleep off the sorness but im scared to sleep it really sucks to be scared of sleep, or dreading what might happen trying to fall asleep really. Going to try to walk to the store and get some fruit cant seem to give myself enough strength to do anything though

Lisa Mentor

Lister, Is there anyone with you tonight....are you alone?

Lisa

Lister Rising Star

all alone, thursday friday saturday and sundays my gluten-free and my roomate both work nights :( its usualy not a bad thing gives me some time to myself but lately it sucks, not as sore as i was earlyer acually, just in general dont feel well still. Really worried as to what keeps causing my sleep problems think i will bring up with my doctor on monday. Angry right now though i went out and got more propane for my grill only to find out the propane was not out my grill is broken **grr.

gah to continue my complaining my chest hurts now also but i figure thats because i smoke cigs bad me bad me.

but my left side is really sore like cramping sore and if i tuch it and move my hand up something moves like pops in and out not sure wtf thats about maybe i pulled something i dont know. gah i feel like i got glutened all day long and i know its not the case i hate this unexplained days like these, and im sure a doctor would have no answers

well on the plus side of things my porkchops acually turned out good even though i cooked them on the stove, i had them with a banana and some misson tortia chips(salsa Roha) mmmm soo good i think im on the right track with the banana though i had it before the rest of the food to hopefully help everything digest

lorka150 Collaborator

Lister, I have been gluten-free/cf for almost a year and there are days I still don't feel great. Actually, at some point every day I feel like I'm eighty.

Either way, you've been eating a lot of processes, pre-made things. I suggest eating a little more minimally - perhaps you have a plethora of food intolerances you don't know about. For the first eight months, I could only eat most produce, 1 fruit, and soy products.

Lister Rising Star

i had thought about that and really everything i have been eating i have been eating for a while and with no problems and when it comes to prosessed foods not much that i eat is really prossesed besides things like Enjoy life products and Lumbarg rice chips, besides for the mission chips i really only eat veggies fruits and meats and i dont eat hamburger meat at all right now because of the fact that its processed

another thing i wanted to add to my complaint list is like my left side if i breath in deep it feels like something is going to pop its really strange :(... is there a way to test for food intolerancys or do u have to do a elimanation diet for it??

lorka150 Collaborator

i personally just stuck with the foods that didn't bother me.

Lister Rising Star

yeah thats what im doing also and then anytime i eat something that bothers me i stop eating it for atleast 4 days and then try again and see if it was that that botherd me so i meen im technicaly doing a slight form of a elimanation diet already. So i think none of this is related to food the most concern i have right now is the incredibly soreness and then my sleep roblem that acually scares the living crap out of me

Guest Robbin

Honestly, Lister it sounds like fibromyalgia pain you have. Is it in the muscles? I get chest soreness --pain in the muscle surrounding the ribs really bad sometimes--it is called costochondritis (sp?) . A lot of us have fibromyalgia along with the gluten problems, and it causes brain fog, muscle soreness, chest pains, sleep problems, etc. Since going gluten-free, I have really noticed a lessening of the pain, but it has not gone cmpletely. I've been gluten-free for 5 months. It could also just be your body withdrawing from the gluten and part of the healing process . Also, I have noticed if I don't eat very much carbohydrates during the day, I get the sleep crazies--can't stop thinking and just plain feel nervous trying to sleep. If I eat a banana or some kind of carbohydrate, then I usually fall asleep easier. Hope this helps. Take care. :)

Lister Rising Star

fibromyalgia does not sound like me i just did some reading up on it, my pain is not chronic and comes and goes and is not assoseated with my back or really any other area besides the area around my neck and my left side sometimes my chest but i do smoke so that is probably what causes that, also i am healing so thats probably why i just like to complain. I have no where else to complain to and its nice to hear from others that have gone thru the same things as me. I cant find a explanation for my sleep problem no matter how i search online though, as for the muscle soreness if its still as bad in the morning then maybe i will look into fibromyalgia but i really dont want to be on 10 pills a day for something that i may not have ( i hate pills and i have to force myself to take my vitemens everyday) anyways its about time for me to try that thing i call sleep again if i have some attacks or whatever they are i will probably be back on posting but as for now im fricking so tired and i gotta be up at 4 again for work :( i hate getting up at 4am it makes me feel poopy all day long oh i almost forgot new pic time

Lister Rising Star

well i managed to sleep with only one attack before i fell asleep, feel alot better today the sorness has gone almost completly still tender on my left side and my shoulders next to my neck are sore to the tuch but im not in like physical pain i can move around and stuff so thats good. My head is full of brain fog today though, gah i just dont get how healing can be like a rollercoaster you would think that if you starting to get better you would continue getting better not have some days good some days bad. Im exepshanly drained today though like its only noon right now and i feel like im ready for bed of course im going to force myself to stay awake so i dont ruin a day, but its not cool feeling so tired all the time. Im taking b12 pills and vitemens everyday and im eating plently of fruits and vegies so i dont understand why i am tired i have already been tested for anemic and vitemen dafeshancys and everything was perfect looking so i really have no clue o well im not gonna complain today i think i did my fare share yesterday think im gonna risk eating some of my planters nuts and hope i dont get sick im in the mood for peanuts its been a long time

Archived