This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cellulites-has Anyone Had It? Dx Fri Am After High Fevers

Judyin Philly

jenvan Collaborator

Its sad to see so many in our "little community" having such a hard time... Prayers for you all, Karen now included :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI ALL-JUST GOT HOME. DR ON TOP OF IT ALL. HAVE ALL MY QUESTIONS TYPED OUT AND GAVE HIM BUT BEFORE I LOOKED AT IT HAD ALREADY TOLD ME ALL THE ANSWERS...HE JUST KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON. GOD BLESS HIM,

BOTTOM LINE

1. DOESN'T WANT ME ON ANYMORE ANTIB...THINKS IT LOOKS BETTER BUT...AND A BIG BUT...SINCE I WAS MOVING FURNITURE AT 12:30 ALONE LAST NITE...(THE CARPET LOOKS WONDERFUL AND FAMILY ROOM IS A PLACE I CAN RELAX IN NOW AND WILL SLEEP THERE AS COOLER AND GET LEG UP CONSISTANTLY ON SOFA.) .THIS AM WOKE UP WITH THE KNEE BENT AND FOOT DOWN AND SWOLLEN..GRRRRRRR.

2. HE WANTS A SECOND OPINION FROM VASCULAR SURGEON..NOT FOR SURGERY BUT FOR CUSTOM MADE COMPRESSION STOCKINGS OR A LYMPHODEMIA PUMP TO GET THE SWELLING DOWN.OR WHAT EVER HE THINKS I NEED OTHER THAN THIS..

3. CONCERNED THAT THERE MIGHT BE A TINY INFECTION OF CELLULITIS BACTERIA LEFT AND INCREASING CIRCULATION IS THE ONLY THING NOW THAT MIGHT HELP. LUCKILY THE SURGEON IS BEST FRIENDS TO ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS...

MY DR SAID IF I HAD TROUBLE GETTING FAST APPT TO CALL HIM BACK & HE'D CALL..CALLED SURGEON OFFICE AND THEY WERE GONE FOR THE DAY BUT LEFT A MESSAGE TO CALL ME TOMORROW WHEN THEY GOT IN..MESSAGE SAYING NEEDED TO GET IN AND EXPLIANTION OF WHY ...ASAP...FORGOT THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG 4TH WEEK END.. AND WANT THIS ADDRESSED SOON.

4. TOLD ME TO KEEP EYE ON TEMP AND ELEVATE OVER HEAD 100%.. IF THERE IS A CHANGE IN TEMP ESP..CALL ME RIGHT AWAY. HOPE HE'S ON CALL THIS WEEKEND BUT HOPE MORE WON'T NEED HIM.

5. WENT TO SEE CHIRO SO SHE COULD SEE WHAT HE SAW..SHE AGREEDED WITH ALL HE SAID AND DIDN'T THINK THE CELLUITIS IT SELF WAS ACTIVE BUT ADEMA WAS A REAL ISSUE. KEEP IT UP AND REST.THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO DO.

6. SHE WANTS ME TO TRY THE 'CONTRAST THERAPY' TOO. I WILL....WORTH A TRY

7. MY DR'S OFFICE JUST CALLED. TERRY NURSE JUST SAID DR CAN'T FORCE THEM TO SEE ME BEFORE FRIDAY AND IF ALL GOES WELL AND NO FEVER OR OTHER PROBLEMS...I CAN WAIT TO SEE THEM NEXT WEEK SO GALD IT'S NOT AN EMERGENCY TO GET IN..HE MUST HAVE FELT I WAS BETTER :)

PLAN--KEEP LEG UP AND FORCE FLUIDS SAY INSIDE AND COOL AND ENJOY CLEAN HOUSE.....HAPPY 4TH TO THE 'OLD FARTHS' EXCITING WEEKEND. :lol: WILL ALSO DO THE CONTRAST THERAPY .....

8 WELL GUESS THAT'S IT...DR DID SAY HE DIDN'T WANT ME ON ANY ANTIB B/C OF MY INTOFFEREANCE

DID SAY IF FEVER GOES UP HAVE TO GO TO HOSPITAL AND HAVE IV..ASKED ABOUT HOME CARE WITH IT AND HE SAID NO...HAD TO BE IN FOR A FEW DAYS. WE DISCUSSED WHY THIS WOULDN'T BE GOOD FOR ME BUT WE'LL HOPE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS AND IF TIME...PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING. I'M OPTOMISTIC ...THINGS ARE GOOD NOW AND PRAY THE ANTIB WILL HOLD AND KEEP ME SAFE WHILE I HEAL WITH REST...AND THE CONTRACT THEARPY...

LOVE JUDY

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Hi Judy:

I hope this finds you feeling better. Does anyone know what to do about these huge like boils I keep getting on my face? The doctor said something about a staph infection and gave me a topical cream to put in my nose? She said that is where it comes from. The prescription is MUPIROCIN and states do not get near your nose, eyes or mouth so I am a bit perplexed and unsure about how to proceed.

jenvan Collaborator

Can you say Overachiever???? No more moving furniture! You may push your progress back... On that note--I would be in danger of doing the same in your position. My mom would have had to come over and clean up the juice stains. (Last time I was really sick that house ended up getting so dirty b/c I was keeping up on it and I "went off" on dh--This house is a mess! I can't stand it anymore!! He said I must be feeling better!)

Your doc does sound like he's on it--that is good. Glad he has ideas for the edema. My prayer is it all keep improving quickly and that you don't have to keep moving forward...but if so, that the other docs have wisdom and choose the right treatment.

You're not an old fart silly :) Or maybe I am just one too ! "Staying in" is the best kind of weekend to me now-a-days!

I'm praying for perseverance and healing friend...

mouse Enthusiast

Judy, glad that the doctor took you off the antibiotics. I cannot believe that you moved furniture. KEEP THE LEG UP. Prayers and hugs.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WHAT GOES ROUND /COMES AROUND!!!--Good Morning dear friends--leg up all nite and went to bed early as no 'pill' to work around..HUBBY COOKED DINNER AND I WAS ADDING DEVILED EGGS AND HE WENT BELISTIC..AND AGAIN WHEN I BAKED C/CHIP COOKIES BUT TRYING TO FIX SOME STUFF FOR NEXT FEW DAYS SO I CAN BE OFF FEET 100% TILL FRIDAY AT 10:30....GUESS WHAT ????

IF WE EVER DOUBT THAT WHAT GOES ROUND COMES ROUND...AFTER LOTS OF PHONE CALLS TO VASCULAR SERVICE VOICE MAIL....MY FRIEND BARBARA...(WHO I CALLED YESTERDAY TO SEE IF THIS NEW DR. WAS THE SAME ONE THAT SHE'S BEST FRIENDS WITH.....) CALLED ME BACK.

BARBARA & HUBBY HAVE BEEN OUR GOOD FRIENDS FOR OVER 28 YEARS SINCE WE MOVED HERE TO PA.

SHE HAD THE PERFECT MARRIAGE..HOME, HUBBY, KIDS CAME FROM $$ BUT YOU'D NEVER KNOW IF...( ONLY WAY WE KNEW WAS SHE HAD A SURPRISE 40TH BIRTHDAY DINNER FOR ME AND OUR FRIENDS AND IT WAS A FORMAL SIT DOWN --CANDLES ETC) SHE'S FROM CHILE. BARBARA WAS IN THE EARLY 1ST TRIMESTER OF HER SECOND PREGANCY AND PARENTS SENT THEIR COOK/MAID/NANNY/ TO USA TO HELP BARBARA FOR 3 MONTHS ) ANYWAY----THIS FUN LADY SERVER US DINNER...OF COURSE...BARBARA BEING BARBARA --AFTER THE FOOD WAS SERVED..THE LADY SAT AT THE TABLE AND ATE WITH US..WHAT FUN SHE WAS...OK THAT' S MY FRIEND BARBARA...

SHE CALLED LAST SUMMER AND SAID " HUBBY OF 29 YEARS DIDN'T WANT TO BE MARRIED ANYMORE"

:blink::huh::o:o:ph34r:

OK -----WHEN SHE WAS PACKING UP THE 'MIC MANSION' IN A NEW HOME (MOVED FROM OUR NEIGHHOOD) I WENT FOR 4 DAYS AND HELPED HER SET UP THE GARAGE SALE TO GET RID OF 3/4 OF EVERYTHING SHE HAD ACCUMULATED FOR 29 YEARS...HER OTHER BEST FRIEND WHO LIVED IN HER NEW NEIGHBORHOOD...IS THE WIFE OF THE VASCULAR SURGEON WHO THE OFFICE SAID COULDN'T SEE ME TILL JULY 7TH

SHE CALLED ME BACK YESTEDAY AND SAID''' YES THIS IS THE SAME DR AND WIFE WAS PAM I KNEW FROM SALE....

BARBARA CALLED PAM WHO CALLED HUBBY IN SURGERY --- :ph34r:<_<:o AND WITH IN 15 MIN HAD AN APT AT 10:30 THIS FRIDAY...DR TOLD ME TO CALL OFFICE TODAY AND SAID "DR MANILA SAID TO PUT ME IN AT 10:30 TOMORROW"

SO "WHAT GOES ROUND COMES ROUND" AND GOD IS GOOD.

LOVE AND HUGS FOR HEALING TO ALL OF US.

JUDY :):):):)

tiffjake Enthusiast
Hi Judy:

I hope this finds you feeling better. Does anyone know what to do about these huge like boils I keep getting on my face? The doctor said something about a staph infection and gave me a topical cream to put in my nose? She said that is where it comes from. The prescription is MUPIROCIN and states do not get near your nose, eyes or mouth so I am a bit perplexed and unsure about how to proceed.

This is just my opinion, but I would ask for a second opinion, and fast. If it is staph, then it is a BIG deal, and being confused about your cream is not good. I would go to a derm if I were you. And quickly. Take what info you have and get a second opinion. Thats just me.

(I double checked the med, and it is used for bacteria, and staph is a bacteria, and accorinding to the manfacturer, it is ok to use around the nose, so that maybe a pharmacy warning, BUT I would still see a second doc for a second opinion, because staph can spread and cause a lot of problems internally. I saw a man who had a splinter, and ended up with a staph infection growing in his elbow, and had to be in the hospital for weeks, and have surgery to remove large parts of the muscle that was damaged. Since then, I am a nut about Antibacterial cleaner and stuff like that. Please be careful! I am going to PM you a link that I think you should read about staph and your face boils....)

SO "WHAT GOES ROUND COMES ROUND" AND GOD IS GOOD.

LOVE AND HUGS FOR HEALING TO ALL OF US.

JUDY :):):):)

I totally agree! I am so glad that you are getting in to see someone! You take care of yourself! You are the only Judy in Philly I have! I have a Judy in Russia, but she is far away! I hope they are able to take care of that cellulitis that is left (if they are right about that) with your anitbiotic problems. You feel better soon, and let your friend take care of you! You do it for other people all the time! Big Hug! (and I would bring you food, but PA is a long way from TX!! It would be cold by the time I got there!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

SALLY I'M SO SORRY I MISSED THIS YESTERDAY..TODAY SAW TIFF'S POST AND I AGREE WITH HER 100% I'D GET S 2ND OPIOION ASAP. I REALLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOILS BUT TIFF KNOWS ABOUT MEDS SO.....I'D GO WITH HER.

HANG IN THERE

HUGS

JUDY SORRY ABOUT MISSING YOU YESTERDAY.

:(

:o:ph34r:

This is just my opinion, but I would ask for a second opinion, and fast. If it is staph, then it is a BIG deal, and being confused about your cream is not good. I would go to a derm if I were you. And quickly. Take what info you have and get a second opinion. Thats just me.

I totally agree! I am so glad that you are getting in to see someone! You take care of yourself! You are the only Judy in Philly I have! I have a Judy in Russia, but she is far away! I hope they are able to take care of that cellulitis that is left (if they are right about that) with your anitbiotic problems. You feel better soon, and let your friend take care of you! You do it for other people all the time! Big Hug! (and I would bring you food, but PA is a long way from TX!! It would be cold by the time I got there!)

thanks so much tiff. your always there... :) for us.

appreciate your kind offer of food. we could trade 'ribs from tx and cheese steaks for philly :blink::huh::blink::o:huh: OH NO WHAT AM I THINING NOT gluten-free :lol: GETTING OFF NOW AND LEG UP

HUGS

JUDY

HEY TIFF, I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN SEND ME.....A BOAT... :lol: WOW IT'S DEEP BUT NOT AT MY HOUSE.

LOVE

J

tiffjake Enthusiast
HEY TIFF, I KNOW WHAT YOU CAN SEND ME.....A BOAT... :lol: WOW IT'S DEEP BUT NOT AT MY HOUSE.

LOVE

J

If I had your address, I would send you one of those paper boats made from news paper! But I don't, and since it is the thought that counts, I am sharing my thought with you! Here is a paper-boat-thought! <_{*_> Ok, tried to get a sail looking thing....don't know if it worked!

mouse Enthusiast

That is so great that your friend got you an appointment for tomorrow morning. July 7th is just to long to wait. You are right, what goes around, comes around. I can't believe that she called him in surgery. I am nervy, but not that nervy. I am glad that she was and cares so much for you. KEEP YOUR LEG UP. Love and many Hugs, for more progressive healing.

I also love the boat. I emailed you to see if you were one of the ones who had to evacuate. I was concerned as you would not need that also, with what else is on your plate.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Hi Judy:

I had something similar to this a year or two ago--just one mild boil, but the doctor took a culture, said (with some surprise) that it was staph, which shocked ME, as I've only had strep throat once in college, otherwise I never got it, even when everyone around me got it). He gave me mupirocin cream, and it cleared up very quickly, but the coloring on that one spot (on my cheek) has never looked exactly the same as it did.

jenvan Collaborator

That's great about the friend getting you an appt Judy! Good news! Okay--so no more cooking or baking :) Just resting... Let us know about appt...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
If I had your address, I would send you one of those paper boats made from news paper! But I don't, and since it is the thought that counts, I am sharing my thought with you! Here is a paper-boat-thought! <_{*_> Ok, tried to get a sail looking thing....don't know if it worked!

YEP...DEFFINATLY THE THOGHT THAT COUNTS..THANKS FOR THE :lol:

JUDY

IT WAS THE WIFE WHO CALLED HER HUSBAND IN SURGERY..NOT MY FRIEND...SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT..

HOPE YOUR DOING BETTER AFTER CK.N MEDS..YOU DON'T NEED BEING GLUTTEN AT THIS POINT.

GOOD LUCK

JUDY

That is so great that your friend got you an appointment for tomorrow morning. July 7th is just to long to wait. You are right, what goes around, comes around. I can't believe that she called him in surgery. I am nervy, but not that nervy. I am glad that she was and cares so much for you. KEEP YOUR LEG UP. Love and many Hugs, for more progressive healing.

I also love the boat. I emailed you to see if you were one of the ones who had to evacuate. I was concerned as you would not need that also, with what else is on your plate.

Guest BERNESES

judy- I'm so glad you'll get in tomorrow. STOP MOVING FURNITURE- you're such a punk (I speak from experience as it's something I would do and hubby would kill me too :P ). Get as much rest as you can. Wish I could send you central air conditioning in addition to the boat (don't think I can draw it on line tho :D ).

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Sally, definitely stay on top of the staph infection. They can be really vicious.

I'm sad everyone is having such a hard time right now. judy, armetta, karen and sally- lot of prayers and hugs and health to all! Beverly

TCA Contributor

MOVING FURNITURE?????? I really don't have time to come to PA to sit on you, so you really must slow down! :P I'm glad you got in with the surgeon so quickly. What goes around comes around for sure. God bless, get well, STAY OFF YOUR FOOT, and I'll check in soon.

Hugs,

Tanya

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
MOVING FURNITURE?????? I really don't have time to come to PA to sit on you, so you really must slow down! :P I'm glad you got in with the surgeon so quickly. What goes around comes around for sure. God bless, get well, STAY OFF YOUR FOOT, and I'll check in soon.

Hugs,

Tanya

Dear Tanya--with all you having going on you still have time for others.

i ck'd your post and THINK i posted will double ck..been staying off computer...BLESS YOU GUYS

how is MEGAN AND HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP THIS AFTERNOON??

I WAS'T BEING TOTALLY STUPID...THAT ROOM WAS SO MESSY BOTH JIM AND I WERE GOING NUTS WITH THE BOXES, FILES, ETC THAT WERE STARTED 4 WEEKS AGO...AND INTERUPTED...

I ONLY DID IT FOR 1/2 HR... :ph34r:

LET ME TELL U IT WAS THE BEST 1/2 I'VE SPENT IN 4 WEEKS CAUSE AFTER I GOT HOME FROM RUNNING TO DRS AND ON THE PHONE TRYING TO GET REFERALS AND APT .......THAT CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN ROOM IS A GOD SEND TO ME...AND JIM :lol: SEE THE CARPET WAS SO STAINED FROM ME SPILLING CRANBERRY JUICE :blink: THANK GOODNESS IT HAD SELTZER WATER IN IT..ANYWAY----I DID IT B/C THE CARPET HAD TO BE DONE AND WHAT A BLESSING TO COME HOME FROM A STRESSFUL MORNING TO A CLEAN HOUSE :):):) I DON'T SPEND MUCH MONEY..THE ONLY TREATS I HAVE ARE GETTING MY HAIR CUT AND COLORED AND MY CLEANING 'FRIEND' SHE RETIRED AND STOPPED ALL HER CLIENTS BUT ME..SHE'S BECOME A DEAR FRIEND AND SHE DOES IT JUST B/C WE HAVE SO MUCH FUN AND MANY LAUGHS WHEN WE ARE TOGETHER. I'M USUALLY CLEANING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER...CLEARING THE PATHS...JIM AND SON JASON CAN'T FIGURE THAT ONE OUT...BUT THEY ARE MEN SO GUESS THAT SAYS IT ALL.

SOOOOOOO...SINCE I GOT BACK (EXCEPT FOR MAKING DEVILED EGGS LAST NITE) HA POSTED ABOUT THAT LITTLE MISTAKE EARLIER :ph34r: I HAVE BEEN TOTALLY OFF LEG AND IT'S BEEN UP AND WILL REMAIN THAT WAY ALL WEEK END...

YES, SEEING SURGEON TOMORROW IS A GIFT FROM GOD WITH SOME HELP FROM MY FRIEND.

I HOPE GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH ARE COMING YOUR WAY SOON TOO.

LOVE

JUDY

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

BEVERLY--WOW WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CARD....CAN'T EXPRESS MY APPRECIATION. I JUST LOVE A HOME MAKE CARD. THAT PHOTO WAS BREATH TAKING...YOUR A REAL PRO--LOVED THE CARD STATIONERY YOU USED. I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY LIKE IT BEFORE. YOU ARE SO SWEET TO SHARE WITH ME. LOVED THE 'b' STAMP ON BACK...

I'LL SEND YOU ONE WHEN I GET UP AND ABOUT .

WE DO HAVE CENTRAL AIR...JUST NEED TO SPEND MORE $$ TO GET DUCK WORK TO BRING IT UP TO BEDROOMS.. THE BASEMENT AND JIM'S STUDIO IS 'FREEZING......

LOVE

JUDY

judy- I'm so glad you'll get in tomorrow. STOP MOVING FURNITURE- you're such a punk (I speak from experience as it's something I would do and hubby would kill me too :P ). Get as much rest as you can. Wish I could send you central air conditioning in addition to the boat (don't think I can draw it on line tho :D ).

Beverly

Guest BERNESES

i'm glad you liked it! I thought it would cheer you up. Don't you dare mail me ANYTHING or I will come down there and sit on you. :P

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Beverly--Jim (hubby) takes fantastic photos and goes into my garden and takes some great photos.

sooooo I use those and some of the ones I have taken..I was just going to share one of these cards with you..don't you want to see one????? :blink: they are very pretty :):blink::o:) don't ya wana see one :unsure:

Judy

i'm glad you liked it! I thought it would cheer you up. Don't you dare mail me ANYTHING or I will come down there and sit on you. :P
TCA Contributor

Thanks for asking. Meg's not feeling too well, but the D seems better. She felt a bit better tonight, so I hope that is a sign that tomorrow will be better. Thanks for asking. glad you're enjoying your clean room. I don't think it's work hurting your leg over, though. I'm one to talk, though. Hard to point at you when 3 fingers are pointing back at me. :P Take care and hope you feel better tomorrow.

Guest BERNESES
Beverly--Jim (hubby) takes fantastic photos and goes into my garden and takes some great photos.

sooooo I use those and some of the ones I have taken..I was just going to share one of these cards with you..don't you want to see one????? :blink: they are very pretty :):blink::o:) don't ya wana see one :unsure:

Judy

Oh silly- of course I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't want you moving around right now. Later. definitely though! :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Oh silly- of course I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't want you moving around right now. Later. definitely though! :D

oh-kee-doe-kee--some day when I'm getting around I'll surprise ya

judy

Guest BERNESES

Deal! :D

jenvan Collaborator

Oooo-Judy, you are writing a post in this thread, right now...I see the dots under your name :) I hope this is a good day for you... I'll be eager to hear about the appt. Much love...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

CAN YOU PLEASE START SOME MORE PRAYERS? :(:blink:

DON'T WANT TO BE SELFISH AND USE UP ALL THE PRAYERS....BUT IF YOU HAVE SOME TIME BETWEEN NOW AND 11:00 CAN YOU PLEASE SEND SOME PRAYERS UP MY WAY FOR 'CALM' AND 'COMPOSURE' FOR THE DR APT..

DROPPED A HARDBOUND BOOK ON FOOT LAST NITE (W/OUT SHOES ON AND FOOT ALL BLACK AND BLUE) AND SCARED OF WHAT THE 'V' SURGEON WILL SAY TODAY AS FOOT LOOKS HORRID..GRRR.

HUBBY NOT GOING WITH ME SO HAVE TO DRIVE AND HIT THE 6 FLOOR PARKING GARAGE AND DO ALOT OF WALKING TO GET THERE..IF THEY HAVE VALET PARKING I'LL DO THAT..DARN... FEELING VERY FRAGILE AND INSECURE...

LOVE

JUDY

Archived