This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is Your Usual Reaction After Eating Gluten?

graindamage

graindamage Rookie

I had been gluten-free for 6-8 weeks and then started eating gluten everyday for 3 weeks since I had believed I needed to eat gluten for the upcoming tests I was going to have. I then went with Enterolab, which doesn't require the patient to eat gluten before the test. I did not get sick at all. I continued to eat gluten for another 3 weeks (6 weeks in total) when my symptoms started to return.

I've been gluten-free for about 5 weeks, and one day I decided to go out and have dinner with my wife and son at one of our favorite restaurants that always has gluten in the foods. I wanted to have the food because I've been depressed that I cannot eat at any of my favorite restaurants anymore. I was preparing myself for a terrible stomach problem, and I had no reaction.

I also believe I am corn intolerant, however, there are some days when I will get sick if I eat something with corn, but other days I do not.

I immediately went back to a gluten-free diet, but I was curious to know if anyone else with Gluten Sensitivity or Celiac disease has a similar experience.

-Scott

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

au natural Newbie
I had been gluten-free for 6-8 weeks and then started eating gluten everyday for 3 weeks since I had believed I needed to eat gluten for the upcoming tests I was going to have. I then went with Enterolab, which doesn't require the patient to eat gluten before the test. I did not get sick at all. I continued to eat gluten for another 3 weeks (6 weeks in total) when my symptoms started to return.

I've been gluten-free for about 5 weeks, and one day I decided to go out and have dinner with my wife and son at one of our favorite restaurants that always has gluten in the foods. I wanted to have the food because I've been depressed that I cannot eat at any of my favorite restaurants anymore. I was preparing myself for a terrible stomach problem, and I had no reaction.

I also believe I am corn intolerant, however, there are some days when I will get sick if I eat something with corn, but other days I do not.

I immediately went back to a gluten-free diet, but I was curious to know if anyone else with Gluten Sensitivity or Celiac disease has a similar experience.

-Scott

Okay scott here we go: Before I was diagnosed everything I ate went through me. I ended up just eating

the following diet for breakfast lunch and dinner for three weeks- nothing else !! :

white rice-- canned ham-- cooked yams/ granny smith apples mash. I made the yams from fresh produce and the rice was not the boxed crap. I did this during the holiday season of christmas.

It was hard but I did it . I figured something was going on, poss a food allergy. I gradually added a food at a time SLOWLY!! one new item every week and when I started to get sick I knew I needed to see an allergist. I suggest that you see one and have them test for food allergies using your blood. Not the skin prick. I tested positive for celiac using the titer test. I also was told that a certain test % result was needed for me to be truly allergic. I was told by my Kaiser doctor that a % 0f 32% or more is considered to be a true allergic reaction. I found out that anything above o% I needed to get out of my diet. I have deleted egg whites, all dairy, all wheat and gluten including oats, peanuts and codfish. I say start with a diet that is as close to natural as possible, refined /boxed foods are killers of the body- very toxic & nutrient deficient.

I would then keep on it for at least a month then add a new food every 3 weeks. any reaction at all-

such as feeling not just right, tired, headaches diarrhea anything -- get rid of it. You will need to keep a log book to track everything. I would also get tested at the same time. It wouldnt hurt to do both the skin and blood testing. You are in the time of discovery and it is a difficult time. Cheating will only set you back.

As far as eating out, I have been able to eat at applebees- steak but I have had to return my meal twice due to bread being put on top of my steak. I seem to be able to eat at panda express. I really dont trust ant one so if i do go out It is a rare occasion. good luck

Archived