Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jnclelland

Restaurants In Durham, Nc?

I'm taking a trip to Durham, NC in a couple of weeks; can anyone suggest good restaurants where I might be able to get a gluten/dairy/soy-free meal? Preferably near Duke; this is a professional trip and I'll be be going out with groups most nights, so it could be difficult to go too far afield.

I went to college there, so I know the area reasonably well - or at least I did 10 years ago - but I wasn't gluten-free then. -sigh- I don't suppose the people at Bullock's BBQ would have any idea what gluten IS, would they? Man, I could go for some hush puppies. Ah well...

Jeanne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

when i went there, i went to PF chang's, it was actually my first time at pf chang's! check out their website for the exact location, if i remember correctly it was close to Duke

i should add.. i don't know about dairy or soy free there, but everytime i've been to a pf chang's they have been excellent about being gluten free and seem to have a good attitude toward food allergies. plus on their website they have ingredients for each menu item

hope that works out for you!

gXf since november 1998

when i went there, i went to PF chang's, it was actually my first time at pf chang's! check out their website for the exact location, if i remember correctly it was close to Duke

i should add.. i don't know about dairy or soy free there, but everytime i've been to a pf chang's they have been excellent about being gluten free and seem to have a good attitude toward food allergies. plus on their website they have ingredients for each menu item

hope that works out for you!

I checked out PF Chang's menu, and I'm afraid Asian isn't going to work for me because of the soy sauce in everything. Any other ideas in Durham? Anyone?

Jeanne

Try Blue Corn on 9th st. Always have been very accomadating to gluten problems. I used to not eat dairy and found several options to eat. I would call them. There is an outback somewhere near there too.

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Jeanne