This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

CarlaB Enthusiast

I think Tom needs to introduce FOOD into his diet!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor

OH!!! ROFL!! :lol:

<tom, palms up, slowly backs away, keeping a wary eye on his adversary>

"Take 1 . . . .. .roll film"

<Marlon Perkins voiceover>

"When confronted by the recently glutened celiacticus clovisivus, it is paramount to avoid further agitation. As we see here, tom's doing his best to avoid eye contact during retreat. . . . . Let's watch what happens next. . . . "

:huh: oh myyyyyyyyyyyyy gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen Ptaum. You are just wildly overanalyzing and overthinking my glutening. and yes, it WAS a glutening - - we all know the distinct signs :ph34r:

OK, Clara Peller, "where's the gluten?".

Seriously, does artificial vanilla have gluten?

And dammit :lol: it's NOT :lol: "wildly overanalyzing and overthinking" :P:lol: to wonder where the gluten is!!

Molecular mimickry can make the immune system think annatto (or is it just the coloring) IS gluten.

Um, halloo? anyone here but me think that Tom needs to introduce just a leet-le bit of soy back into his diet? :blink:

ohhhhhhhhh bah ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: (x2)

C'mon Clara . . . . . "where's the gluten?"

P.S. Bah! Only my second over-emoticonizing ever! And this time I say it's Dingy that put it over.

P.P.S. Heyyyyyy Susan's changing avatars too quick!

That >dingo<>Dingy<>dingo< trio was barely seen! (And a reminder of my pre-gluten-free eyesight)

P.P.P.S. Was Nugget-Nirvana achieved?

Mmmm I did like a good nuggtasm in the old days.

P.P.P.P.S. Did I hear we have a reader not neighborly enough to say hello? Awww, the door's always open!

<hushed whisper> ladies and gentleman, it appears there may be an attempt to tie the rarely challenged record quintuple-post postscript . . . . .there's a buzz spreading thru the crowd . . . they appreciate the significance of the moment . . . .

P.P.P.p/'x

<ohhhhh folks - I'm sorry you had to see that. he may never recover from such a stunning failure to even hit a quad, and retirement may be in the offing.

icarus never gets a mulligan when keys of wax turn to amorphous puddles. previous challengers could barely recover alphabet fragments, in a process not unlike separating aluminium(uk version) from bauxite, they mined their p's & q's.>

:)

tom Contributor

Grrrrr double post!

I'd barely hit [ADD REPLY] when my sister called and net stopped!!

She did have a funny story however.

Yesterday, they (her & boys 8 & 3 1/2) were at a friend's who has horses. And the littler guy is scared of 'em.

At some point, my sister, who's allergic to horses but loaded w/ antihistamines & whatever, goes to pet a horse's nose while holding Aidan's hand, hoping to calm his fears.

"See Aidy? They're nice & gentle & . ." <BLAST!!> a massive horse sneeze is ALL over her. ROFL She says <gag> "black boogers & dripping snot everywhere" and the kids and her friend can't stop roaring. :lol: Said she was exTREMEly glad their bags were in the car so she could change clothes.

I wanted it to be on youtube . . . . . .

[/end doublepost filler]

tom Contributor
Start eating at normal times and eat enough!! That's an order!

aawwwwwww that's so cute, mom to 7 ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Cute story about the nephews :)

P.P.P.p/'x

<ohhhhh folks - I'm sorry you had to see that. he may never recover from such a stunning failure to even hit a quad, and retirement may be in the offing.

icarus never gets a mulligan when keys of wax turn to amorphous puddles. previous challengers could barely recover alphabet fragments, in a process not unlike separating aluminium(uk version) from bauxite, they mined their p's & q's.>

:)

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

I'm just going to assume this is English - and cleary only for smart people to read :lol::lol::lol: ........... :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Cute story about the nephews :)

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

I'm just going to assume this is English - and cleary only for smart people to read :lol::lol::lol: ........... :unsure:

um, Nik, I am reputed to be FAIRLY astute :huh: and have NO idea what the hell he's talking about....something about golf, I think, but Tom - - what the hell? we are not talking about golf here...:huh:

TOM!! methinks you're getting a little crazy. try and dumb down your posts a little, PLEEZ???? even *I* don't know what you're talking about... :huh:

Jestgar Rising Star

So a few weeks ago I was having some really bad days and I really wanted to go out and stuff myself-preferably with beer and onion rings, but anything would have done.

Well, I can't do that anymore, so in a desperate attempt to substitute in a new bad habit instead of facing what was bothering me, I bought some lacy undies. As the totally mad lark, I included a pair of thongs (42 yo here).

Finally today I put them on, trusting in what people have told me: The wedgie feeling goes away and they become the most comfortable thing you've ever worn.

Now, it's almost 11am, and I still feel like I have a wad of material stuffed in my heiny. Just when does this feeling go away?????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
So a few weeks ago I was having some really bad days and I really wanted to go out and stuff myself-preferably with beer and onion rings, but anything would have done.

Well, I can't do that anymore, so in a desperate attempt to substitute in a new bad habit instead of facing what was bothering me, I bought some lacy undies. As the totally mad lark, I included a pair of thongs (42 yo here).

Finally today I put them on, trusting in what people have told me: The wedgie feeling goes away and they become the most comfortable thing you've ever worn.

Now, it's almost 11am, and I still feel like I have a wad of material stuffed in my heiny. Just when does this feeling go away?????

Okay, so I lurk mostly on this thread cuz I just can't keep up, but this just deserved a great big

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
aawwwwwww that's so cute, mom to 7 ;)

Six. :)

:lol::lol::lol: It goes away. The nice thing about them is, no panty lines ... and your butt looks much better in jeans than with regular undies. After a while, they'll be all you wear. Don't try to sleep in them until you're used to them ... you'll have nightmares about being ripped in two.

tom Contributor
um, Nik, I am reputed to be FAIRLY astute :huh: and have NO idea what the hell he's talking about....something about golf, I think, but Tom - - what the hell? we are not talking about golf here...:huh:

P.S.

P.P.S.

P.P.P.S.

P.P.P.P.S.

(I was goin' for FIVE Ps!!)

And ya, ok, admittedly pretty abstract to add color commentary. :lol:

Can *I* blame the heat too??

NOW it's just a distraction from the otherwise comment-worthy Marlon Perkins bit . . .. . :(

TOM!! methinks you're getting a little crazy.

"getting" ?? :rolleyes::wacko::P

I'm just stayin' outta the impending "butt-floss chronicles". :o

P.S. Whoa Dingdong!! Just a cottonpickin' minute young lady!! :angry: You're not getting away so easy w/ no further mention of where the gluten came from!!

Are we sticking w/ the "artificial vanilla" theory?

<wagging finger> now you just march up to your room and think about it until you come up w/ a better story!! :angry:

:lol: :lol: :P

Jestgar Rising Star
Don't try to sleep in them until you're used to them ... you'll have nightmares about being ripped in two.

Oh yikes!! I hadn't even thought about that!! :o:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'm just stayin' outta the impending "butt-floss chronicles". :o

Uh, yeah, I'm sure you have no opinion on thongs ... are we really supposed to believe that?

This is just one of those deals where it will be more interesting for you to stand back and watch ... I'm certain you have opinions on this subject ... it would be a first if you didn't.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

NEVER!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: MOO-HA-HA

You'll be forever pulling the damn thing outta your #*%!!!!....but yes *sigh*....no VPL ;)

tom Contributor
....but yes *sigh*....no VPL ;)

OK dammit, I'm in . . . . .you women just want to avoid the VPL for each other, not for men.

We have no problem w/ a VPL.

I'd liken it to the appeal of the old "x-ray specs" ads in old comic books.

We are, ooooooooooh forgive me for generalizing, fans of your undergarments, fans of *thinking* about same, and fans of reac**** ALRIGHT BUDDY, THAT'S FAR ENOUGH!! Two minutes in the penalty box!!

tom Contributor
Six. :)

Hehehehehe looks like 7 now w/ the way YOU were talkin, "new mom".

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol: Jess - - you nutty girl - - I've been wearing a version them since BEFORE there were thongs. Yup, in high school (uh, late 70's folks) I DID in fact BUNCH UP my knickers into a wedge and they were very distractingly noticeable to me in me crack. :ph34r: But I could not stand VPL, even back then. so.......been wearing thongs since FOREVER, and, if you get the right kind, you won't notice them at all after a while.

oh dear gawd, TMI. :lol:

Okay, so I lurk mostly on this thread cuz I just can't keep up, but this just deserved a great big

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HI DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

P.S.

P.P.S.

P.P.P.S.

P.P.P.P.S.

(I was goin' for FIVE Ps!!)

And ya, ok, admittedly pretty abstract to add color commentary. :lol:

Can *I* blame the heat too??

:huh: :huh: :huh:

WTH??????

Tom - please eat something.......:huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
OK dammit, I'm in . . . . .you women just want to avoid the VPL for each other, not for men.

We have no problem w/ a VPL.

I'd liken it to the appeal of the old "x-ray specs" ads in old comic books.

We are, ooooooooooh forgive me for generalizing, fans of your undergarments, fans of *thinking* about same, and fans of reac**** ALRIGHT BUDDY, THAT'S FAR ENOUGH!! Two minutes in the penalty box!!

Doesn't it depend on what the panty lines look like? I mean, if they're granny panties, do you still get the same thrill seeing the lines?

Hehehehehe looks like 7 now w/ the way YOU were talkin, "new mom".

New?

Did you think I was the one with the gray hair??? No, I'm the one in the orange shirt ... the gray haired one is my grandmother.

Or were you referring to me "mothering" you by telling you to eat right. Sorry, I don't even refer to my hubby as one of the children! ;) So, no, it's only six kids for me. I'd like another, but the Lyme won't allow it.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Doesn't it depend on what the panty lines look like? I mean, if they're granny panties, do you still get the same thrill seeing the lines?

:lol::lol: :lol:

OMG I thought the one in the orange shirt was one of your kids.

I know you're trying but Carla, you have to EAT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: Jess - - you nutty girl - - I've been wearing a version them since BEFORE there were thongs. Yup, in high school (uh, late 70's folks) I DID in fact BUNCH UP my knickers into a wedge and they were very distractingly noticeable to me in me crack. :ph34r: But I could not stand VPL, even back then. so.......been wearing thongs since FOREVER, and, if you get the right kind, you won't notice them at all after a while.

Good point. The less material in the back, the less you notice them ... yours must have too much fabric.

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol:

OMG I thought the one in the orange shirt was one of your kids.

I know you're trying but Carla, you have to EAT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Thank you (on thinking I was one of my kids). :rolleyes:B)

I'm trying to eat, I really am. I've gained 5 pounds and have maintained it! I'm on the weight charts. :) I have to force myself to eat every bite ... I'm just not hungry.

Jestgar Rising Star

Come over to my house. I'll make you some grilled salmon. Hard to stop eating eat.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Come over to my house. I'll make you some grilled salmon. Hard to stop eating eat.

Thanks, but I'm chelating heavy metals right now, so I'm supposed to avoid fish. :( It's a shame, because the braces make it hard to eat regular meat.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:lol::lol: ...BUT! ....there is always a place in my heart for granny knickers :ph34r:

I LOVE fish !!!

I'm having a renewed love affair with fish ...and am trying various types out.

I tried 'dab' this week :blink: (very boney) ,mackerel and cod.

Salmon next week maybe :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Thanks, but I'm chelating heavy metals right now, so I'm supposed to avoid fish. :( It's a shame, because the braces make it hard to eat regular meat.

Pooh! My recommendation - - Trader Joe's Rice PUdding. OMG, could eat GALLONS of it. Unless of course you must avoid dairy, but I think you're okay with it?

and OMG, did I see queen Julie on the OMG thread? she's BACK?? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: ...BUT! ....there is always a place in my heart for granny knickers :ph34r:

:lol: Do you mean like the knickers in Bridget Jones' Diary? fantastic :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
:lol: Do you mean like the knickers in Bridget Jones' Diary? fantastic :lol:

Why of course darling!!

Spandex does magical things :blink: ....but dear lord, some of Open Original Shared Link look like instruments of torture !! :o

Archived